Sign in to follow this  
Paul Green

Sign of things to come?

I was just looking on the official site and noticed that we still had 2000 tickets left for the West Ham game on Saturday and this against a entertaining premiership team and priced competively at only £18.

I think this more than anything else points to that people have had enough of the dross served up this season and very poor personnel bought in the transfer market.

Norfolk people are not stupid and having purchased there season ticket they are not likely to throw there hard earned money away by not attending the rest of the games this season but when it comes to forking out more hard earned money for cup games they will vote with there feet and stay at home.

And this don''t forget with West Ham taking up 15% of the ground, unless things change and by this I mean worthington leaving I for 1 will not be renewing my season ticket and will pick and choose what games I want to go to next season as I feel there will be tickets a plenty going spare.

Everybody is entitled to go or not go I would suggest that the christmas period and expence involved and the fact that these tickets are for a game against a poor premier team plus the actual probability that we will not progress to far in the cup may all be part of the equation.

Thanks to Santa I will be going but really don''t care if we win or lose. 

I personally felt that the Southampton game was as good as we''ve played for a while so don''t understand this post.

So, if the worst happens we will have ''appy ''ammers jumping around in pockets all over the ground (except in The Crypt where they wouldn''t risk a disdainful look from the tweed coated thains).

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

So, if the worst happens we will have ''appy ''ammers jumping around in pockets all over the ground (except in The Crypt where they wouldn''t risk a disdainful look from the tweed coated thains).

[/quote]

Rude Old, if any  "Worst Ham Cockney Banker" dared to intrude in the ''Utopia'' that is ''The Caffheedral Lounge!'' I will be there waiting, with my top of the range catapult - primed with effective ammo of Honey Menthol Lockets! More damaging on fleshy impact than a paintball! If push comes to shove, I can always borrow some ''Ole duffers'' tartan snug blanket and ''smuvver'' the "Hapless ''Ammer!"........Then again, a pewter hip flask (emptied of contents) makes an excellent ''Kung Fu Death Star'' when thrown with accuracy! False teeth removed thrown with gusto - and a deft flick of the wrist at exposed fleshy bits........can do a ''lorra'' cuts ''n'' stuff!

I''ll be watching, I''ll be waiting and as soon as a ''Claret & Blue Insurgent'' is identified "KAPOW!" ;~) Har har har!

[quote user="westoncanary."]I think that was a couple of seasons ago against Dagenham. If memory serves, Zema Abbey scored.[/quote]

Yes, he came on as a sub and bagged a goal.

Mello wrote

Rude Old, if any  "Worst Ham Cockney Banker" dared to intrude in the ''Utopia'' that is ''The Caffheedral Lounge!'' I will be there waiting, with my top of the range catapult - primed with effective ammo of Honey Menthol Lockets! More damaging on fleshy impact than a paintball! If push comes to shove, I can always borrow some ''Ole duffers'' tartan snug blanket and ''smuvver'' the "Hapless ''Ammer!"........Then again, a pewter hip flask (emptied of contents) makes an excellent ''Kung Fu Death Star'' when thrown with accuracy! False teeth removed thrown with gusto - and a deft flick of the wrist at exposed fleshy bits........can do a ''lorra'' cuts ''n'' stuff!

I''ll be watching, I''ll be waiting and as soon as a ''Claret & Blue Insurgent'' is identified "KAPOW!" ;~) Har har har!

My contemporaries and I will be listening to the accents on Saturday I can tell you Mello and if a Cock-er-ney is identified then they will be getting no helpful advice from us that they need to buy a raffle ticket at the bar for a half time cuppa, if they can get to the bar through the wall of Barbour that is.

We will be looking out for anything even remotely chavvish in the dress sense, not that this is tolerated on any match day of course, and if the worst comes to the worst and the opposition score then the mumblings of discontent, back of the head staring and parochial undertones will be unleashed with a vengence.