Sign in to follow this  
Upton333

Help a Hammer - Information about your team

Evening all.  I am a West Ham fan looking forward to my trip up to Carrow Road on Saturday.  I also write a pre match preview for a West Ham site and wanted to ask a few questions of those in the know.

1.  If the game against West Ham was a five a side, who would start for the Canaries?

2.  What has been the best/funniest chant at a Norwich game this season?

3.  Who has been your worst player this season?

4.  What have been the key reasons for your, shall we say, slow start to the season?

5.  Which player could you simply not afford to lose in the transfer window?

Please feel free to answer as few (or as many) as you like (and any good parking advice while I think of it).  If you want to know anything about West Ham, just ask.

Cheers

[quote user="Upton333"]

Evening all.  I am a West Ham fan looking forward to my trip up to Carrow Road on Saturday.  I also write a pre match preview for a West Ham site and wanted to ask a few questions of those in the know.

1.  If the game against West Ham was a five a side, who would start for the Canaries?

4.  What have been the key reasons for your, shall we say, slow start to the season?

Please feel free to answer as few (or as many) as you like (and any good parking advice while I think of it).  If you want to know anything about West Ham, just ask.

Cheers

[/quote]

1. Robert Green, Darren Huckerby, Paul Mcveigh, Dean Ashton, Leon Mckenzie

2. None spring to mind!!  

3. Jim Brennan

4. Injuries, Thinking cos we were the bookies favourite that we could walk the league. 

5. Dean Ashton

Don''t park at the Castle Mall, will be full on a Saturday, theres lots of smaller car parks nearer the ground if you get there early enough. Don''t park in Morrisons supermarket near the ground, it''s patrolled by ex Nazi rottweilers who will burn you at the stake for daring to be a football fan who owns a car.

Hope that helps! 

Don''t listen to this deluded poster.

1. If worthy picks it Green, Hughes, Etuhu, Ashton and Huckerby his favourites

2. Were gonna win the league although I don''t think we have actually sung it yet

3. Take your pick from anyone bar Green or Ashton

4. Crap management, poor tactics, signings, substitutions etc. etc.

5. Gary Doherty surprisingly.  Deano will go in Jan not to your mob however

Car Park in Lower Clarence St probably most convenient, you can find by driving into Carrow Rd from City past ground and bear to left and its first on the left.

Aay win a certainty get your money down.  

Green, Drury, Safri, McVeigh, Huckerby  

From The Snakepit to the barclay following a power failure preventing any beer/food being served to barclays a chant            ''we''ve got all the pies'' went up..  

Hard to narrow it down!   For me its probably Andy Hughes - all heart no feet.

Too small a squad, the manager failing to identify best team quickly enough (second season running) and appalling lack of quality in midfield (started the season with just 4 midfield players on the books - now one a long term loanee out injured and another out on loan)

Ashton will be the headline grabber but the influence Safri and in particular Gary Doherty have had this season has been immense.

OTBC

[quote user="Upton333"]

Cheers

[/quote]

worthys team -> Hughes Etuhu Safri Ashton Green

my team -> Hucks Mcveigh Safri Ashton Green

Brennan when he plays Hughes generally as he has played loads and been rubbish and Etuhu

Awful signings and tactics

Dean Ashton or Youssef Safri

[quote user="Upton333"]

Cheers

[/quote]

1)Green, Doherty, safri, (huckerby or Drury), ashton.

worthy would pick green, fleming, hughes, etuhu, ashton.

2) as already mentioned the snakepits "we''ve got all the pies" and also our song for youseff Safri is a must hear. to the tune of rockin all over the world.

3) hughes, etuhu, brennan,colin, worthington, all as bad as each other.

4)The manager - his signings and tactics, oh and falling out with key players.

5)Safri (away saturday), the rest of our midfield is crap and if we sold him worthy would pay 2 million for kevin horlock.

sorry forgot the rest. 

2. Snakepit, buy us a beer. but i havent been yet   

3. Hughes

4. Rubbish signing and thought we were amazing. Still not too sure though

5. Ashton

and what would you say for West Ham?

1. I''d pick Green, Doherty, Safri, Huckerby and Ashton.

2. "You''re supposed to be at home" to the Coventry fans at the beginning of the season made me laugh because it was true.

3. Hard to choose because there have been a number of very poor performances but, because of injuries, not many players have played regularly. Would have to go for Hughes.

4. There are many reasons but, for me, the key reason is that we have a small squad, unable to cope with a few injuries, and full of too many players that are simply not good enough to be in a team hoping to push for promotion.

5. Safri. Worthington seems to have lost the ability to unearth a decent central midfielder despite numerous attempts.

1)Green, Doherty, safri, huckerby, ashton.

2) the we''ve got all the pies chant was funniest moment.  also thought andy johnson  ''diving''  campaign  was  quite amusing  too.

3) they know who they are.

4) board for not providing funds for a larger squad, worthy for being out of form and refusing to drop himself, key players underperforming and fans for having too high expectations. its real now, everybody is hoping for promotion via play-offs.

5) hucks or deano.

P.S.  Delia is arranging for genuine east end grub for you boys at the match.  there''s a mouthwatering selection, including balti flavoured crisps, jeelied eel pies, and bangers and frothy mash - we know how u like bubbles! Enjoy.

1.  West Ham five a side team would be Carroll (until Walker gets fit) - Ferdinand - Konchesky - Benayoun - Harwood

2.  Best song - "We are top of the league" post the first game of the season (wasn''t true as Charlton were because of alphabetical order) but a dream start nevertheless.

3.  No-one has been bad really, perhaps Repka has put in a couple of the worst performances but has also put in some very good ones.  Neither Bellion or Aliadiere has added much really.

4.  N/A.  Good start has been down to self belief and playing our football the best way we know how.  Last month has been down to injuries to key players but I''ve got nothing to moan about.

5.  Would miss the creative spark of Benayoun and the leadership by example of Konch (though I don''t think either are going anywhere).

Cheers for all the help, very useful insight.

Green , Doherty , Safri , Huckerby , Ashton

The ''we''ve got all the pies'' one that was already mentioned.

Jarrett or Etuhu - take your pick

Incredibly poor and misjudged signings culminating in the inexplicable decision to part with the best part of half a million yesterday on Etuhu.

Safri - without him we''re completely toothless in midfield.

So Mr. Upton,

1.  If the game against Norwich was a five a side, who would start for the Irons?

2.  What has been the best/funniest chant at a West Ham game this season?

4.  What have been the key reasons for your, shall we say, recent poor run of results?

Come on, let''s be having you.

Incidentally, you won''t be facing the best Norwich side on Saturday, we are thinking of giving our kids the experience.

See two posts above, I already answered my own questions.

The poor run of recent results was down to injuries, primarily to defenders (Gabbidon and Repka) and the replacements being a bit lightweight (Dailly). We also missed Benayoun, Reo-Coker and Zamora at points.

Hopefully we''ll be back to near full strength to take on your kids on Saturday.

[quote user="Upton333"]

Cheers

[/quote]

1.) Green, Doherty, Safri, Ashton, Huckerby

2.) Probably the "snake pit, snake pit, buy us a bear" 

3.) for me probably brennan, colin hasnt done that well

4.) Bad management and tactics

5.) Ashton