Sign in to follow this  
ca

Hucks has signed

My Hucks has signed and all that is left for me to say is ''I told you so''

Er, actually I think the other thing that''s left for you to say is a big apology to the board for suggesting that they''d scuppered the deal and had some explaining to do when it pretty obvious to most people, even at the time, that the problem was his agent and not our board.

Dianne, I like to see enthusiastic supporters for Norwich from all quarters. Some of us have supported Norwich for over 50 years through difficult days in the old Third Division South. However, I am sure that many readers would enjoy your comments and enthusiasm if you were a little more humble. You make it sound like Darren Huckerby was your idea and the Norwich board finally came around to your way of thinking. On the contrary, Darren Huckerby was initiated by Norwich management long before any of us had conceived of the same. Management then carried out a very sensible and strategic negotiation to a successful conclusion. This is the way negotiation works. Please remember that in this process there is a dog and a tail. Norwich management is the dog and you are the tail. Don''t let that bother you...every dog needs a tail. We just need to keep perspective and verbally support the board even when things look tough. We will have a few of those bridges to cross between now and the end of the season.

YankeeCanary,
Today of all days I would have thought we could have fun on here without getting personal but no you''ve have tried to spoil my day by talking down to me as if I was an ignorant kid.You obviously,unlike others ,havent got to know me or my sense of fun.Show me one post where I said Hucks was my idea? Of course it was the boards idea to bring him here on loan who has ever suggested anything different.I''m just a mere supporter who has enjoyed getting carried away on the Huckerby wave.All I''ve said all along is keep faith that we will get him,dont knock him until you''ve heard both sides of the story etc etc.I am just happy we have got him and nothing you say will spoil my day
P.S. Does it matter if you have supported our team for 50 years or me for 20 years we are all still entitled to our opinions on here.
PPS Get my name right it is Diane not Dianne!

YankeeCanary,
The other thing I should have said to you of course is you only joined this message board on the 23rd Dec.Did you read back thru the posts over the past month or so to get an idea of what our thoughts were on the subject

WorthyOut,
I was surprised at your post as you have always been in my top 6 favourite posters and I always pay attention to your posts so I have spent a good hour reading back my posts to see what I said. I guess the one you are talking about is the one,where after it was reported the deal had fell thru, I said did the board offer him enough and push the boat out far enough.So I apologise for that one which was said out of sheer frustration more than anything else.
Have you posted anything out of frustration that in hindsight you wish you hadn''t,I guess many of us have,Can we be friends again.

darren huckerby was our idea, we fans got it publicised, pressed the board into action, without our brilliant and persistent manager, and the wonderful DH himself, it would never have happened

if we left things to the board alone we would be waiting until next christmas

diane, enjoy it girl, i did, god it felt good going in the ground today, in my shirt which i have worn since september, so strong was my faith in this player

HE IS OURS!!!!! CELEBRATE!!!!

Thanks to delia, michael and worthy, and most of all, thank you darren huckerby, for making all our dreams come true, for proving some footballers have hopes, dreams and are not all money grabbing individuals

well done DH, you are a legend, now take us to the promised land

Diane, my apologies for getting your name wrong. That''s inexcusable. I will try harder. I also looked at my last message to assess how I was speaking to you like you are an ignorant kid. I think it must have been the dog and the tail analogy. I did not mean you personally when I referred to the tail ( although that is what I wrote ). We, the fans, are the tail. My point is when things are going well ( as they are at the moment ) we should wag our tails but let''s not forget to pat the dog. Incidentally, before I started to make any comment on this message board I had read a lot of the input over the past few months. Clearly there were eloquent voices for and against the Norwich Board. Despite the early naysayers this Board is steering a pretty good ship.I was triggered by some of your recent input when you were coming across harshly with the Board when they were doing a very good job. We all know what good and bad Boards are like. We have a good one right now regardless of where Norwich end up this season. I was pleased to see that you have respect for WorthyOut''s input because the reaction there was similar to mine. Effective negotiating is not done in public.

Diane, you were bang on in all this, and no, I never doubted you, ignore the idiots we all know you kept this particular candle alight girl, good on yer!.

To Gazza the Great, YEESSSSSSSSS!, well done and thanks for your support against certain parties, where is HE by the way.

That was the one Diane, but I''m sure we can still be friends because I know exactly what you mean with the frustration, and like you I was desperate for us to sign DH. But I do think that since they took over the board have done a terrific job in all sorts of ways, and despite what some seem to think they have shown plenty of ambition. Signing DH is not the only example of that ambition, merely the latest and most spectacular. I guess if you run a football club you''re bound to get criticism, however good you are, but reading some of the posts on here over the last couple of months you''d think we were still in the Chase era, so from time to time I feel moved to defend them. Nobody''s perfect or gets it right all the time but I think you''d struggle to find a football club with a better board than ours.

I think with us standing 3 points clear at the top I should also say something positive about NW, and what strikes is me is this. Unlike previous years when he has brought in too many people who were often not up to scratch, everyone that he has brought in this season, Francis, Edworthy and the loanees, has done well. I also think he is right about DH. I know some people thought that Crouch was the key but they''re wrong.

Hucks is the one.

Well I think most of the posts on this thread say it all. Signing Hucks was Our idea?!?!?!? If the great Nigel Worthington hadn''t acted on the spur of the moment and snapped him up on loan, not one of you - and I repeat, NOT ONE OF YOU - would have remembered who the now revered Darren Huckerby was.

It is Nigel''s fault he is here, Nigel''s fault we are top of the league, and the board''s doing that we were given the funds to afford him. However, well done to everyone that shouted and made a fuss to spur the board into early action. Also, I''m glad that Mr Huckerby was true to his word, I''m sure he''s going to enjoy it here.

I hope everyone had a lovely christmas (I did) and I truly hope that those people that PROMISED me if we signed Huckerby we''ll DEFINITELY get automatic promotion were right!!

Good post WorthyOut and yes I quite agree that Worthy has done a great job with the players he has brought in.Even better he has done a brilliant job in getting Hucks here and by the sound of it spent much of his Xmas on the phone negotiating for which we are all eternally grateful.Well Done Worthy,Delia,hubby and board,backroom staff and fans,everyone played their part in this one.
What really brought tears to my eyes when I heard he''d signed, is that a professional footballer who said weeks ago that he was prepared to take a pay cut to play in the yellow & green,kept his word to us and did just that.Not many of them around nowadays.
Finally as you say ''Hucks is the one'' Happy New Year WorthyOut!!

Of course, I am delighted he has signed. He had said he would accept a reduced salary and when I learned the deal had fallen through, I didn''t think he was not true to his word. I haven''t the slightest idea of the amount of money he would have lost each week but suppose he earned £20.000 at Manchester City and that he was offered £10.000 by Norwich, which one of us wouldn''t have refused the deal in similar circumstances? Now, we know he accepted lower wages and surely City offered him more. So, both Hucks and the Board are to praised for the deal done.
I turned 70 last month and I had nearly despaired to watch our beloved club back in the premiership but now I am really optimistic. OTBC!

i promised you mooK (THAT IF WE SIGNED HUCKS WE WOULD BE IN THE PREMIER NEXT YEAR, AND I WILL STAND BY MY WORD!!! and i believe i also promised you we would get hucks

and yes, the fans did play a part, why do you think he wanted to stay, just for himself and the board, take a pay cut? He loves the fans, and that is a FACT

he has been quoted saying he loves the fans, the way of life etc, it is not purely money for him, most of us are delighted, we knew worthy would push for this, me, diane and co took a hell of a lot of stick from you and others, we wanted this so much, you know all the reasons why, to save our club, to help us get to the premier I could go on, but have said it all before

because we all had a dream and we wanted a man called hucks we were slatted, told to be realistic, well we were!!

who was true to his word, who wanted us as much as we wanted him? DH was, and we got him, and i don''t know how to tell you how bloody good it feels!!! How good was that reception for him, yes, us, the fans, we got what we most wanted for christmas, this club has at last decided to go forwards!

thank god there are still footballers around like him, thank you so very much DH, for allowing us to have a dream and for making it come true

me, diane, snakepit rebel, unimiller, first wiz, rainbow, kenny foggo (apologise to anyone i have left out) are going to enjoy this, and we are going to enjoy it until may, when we will be promoted.

we have our dream and the dream will turn into reality

see you in the premiership with a green and yellow scarf!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!