Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Rejoice the King is back on his throne!

Yes, it''s a bit like giving student a pat on the back for getting their name and the date right but failing to answer any questions in the exam.

Well, it''s a turnaround from him hiding in the dugout at the QPR away game. I will give credit where it''s due, and take it on the ''chins'' when I''m wrong..........Nope, nice shiny Coke Bottle means nowt to me! It''s not a sprint - it''s a marathon (or snickers!) Nice Nigel & Holey Foley and Dougie have proved nothing - even after 5 wins on the bounce. I re-iterate! It''s what''s occured over the last 20 months that has altered my opinion, and they''re not the personnel I would retain at this club for the obvious reasons - that they have learnt nothing by their mistakes! My personal opinion.............So there! Now leave me alone!.......;~( If Delia & Micky etc weren''t chums with Nige, he would have gone........period!

Yeah, that''s exactly what it''s like... (And there''s me thinking it was actually an award for doing something).Funny how some won''t give credit where it''s due, but are more than willing to dish out the insults and criticism.

I think it''s even more funny how some people sit and watch the same football matches as me, the same repeated mistakes, the same poor substitutions, the same naive tactics, the same drivel in post match interviews all over the last two seasons and still think Nigel is okay at his job!!!!

I don''t get the chance to go to as many home games as I''d like to, due to work commitments, but I went to both the Burnley and Preston games over Christmas. I thought in the first half at Burnley we were excellent, and made a team in a higher league position than us look like a conference side. However, the second half, and entire Preston match were dire by comparison.I don''t really think that fatigue can be used as an excuse, and whilst the squad is injury ravaged, we still have players that should be performing at this level. Worthy can obviously get the tactics right sometimes, but I agree, we look awful at times. However, there''s no doubt that winning 5 on the bounce is an achievement, so I''ll give Worthington his due for those results. The performance at the last home game really alarmed me though - the squad didn''t appear to really be interested in playing, and seemed to settle for a draw right from the word go. Crucially, it''s where we go from here - either back to winning ways, or back to the inconsitenent start to the season.

He''s won manager of the month not manager of the season!!!!!!! lets not get excited just yet!.

So he won 5 on the spin.. but lose tommorow and thats 2 defeats on the spin.. not that impressive really and certainly not "award" ceremony..

he got it purely on the results.. if the selectors had actually seen us Vs Burnley, Leicester and Preston i doubt Worthy would of even been considered.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

He''s won manager of the month not manager of the season!!!!!!! lets not get excited just yet!.

So he won 5 on the spin.. but lose tommorow and thats 2 defeats on the spin.. not that impressive really and certainly not "award" ceremony..

he got it purely on the results.. if the selectors had actually seen us Vs Burnley, Leicester and Preston i doubt Worthy would of even been considered.

jas :)

[/quote]

it could just be one of his "lucky" patches......