Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

If you were Worthy what would you do in the transfer window?

First off, if I was Worthy I would not resort to panic buying. The last thing we need is more dead wood added to our squad before we''ve got rid of the large chunks weighing it down at the moment. That means Andy Gray is a big no no in my book. He''s not an improvement on what we''ve got therefore we don''t sign him. And that would be my maxim in the transfer market - only buy new players if they''re better than the one''s we''ve already got.

It''s been reported we need to sell before we can buy. So firstly if I was the manager I''d be looking at shipping a few players out, if only to trim the wage bill to make us more attractive to quality rather than cloggers.

Players surplus to requirements who should be transfer listed or asked to look for new clubs include: Brennan (worst player this season by miles), Gallagher (will never play), Henderson (never going to be more than a squad player), Louis Jean and Jarratt. I would also consider Green if we recieved a good offer (£1.5 M+ lets face it, we''ll never get anymore for him - Fulham would rather get Warner from Cardiff for nothing and play him in goal than go for England''s number 4). I would only sell Ashton for £7M + (although no one will offer that so he''ll stay).

With that lot shipped out (bar Ashton), we''ll have £2 M to spend (£1.5M from Green say and the money left over from the Francis sale plus some freed up wages from the dead wood).  That money should then be spent on a RM, a CM and a RB, and possibly a striker - but only if McKenzie goes (and if he does topping the list would be Eastwood and Horsefield).

So my targets would be: Halford £750k from Colchester for RM; Ben Chroley MK Dons for £500k, and another exciting prospect from League 1 - let''s face it - none of us know too many players down there - but some of them must be quality - better than getting an out of favour player from Premiership/Championship club.

If you were Worthy what would you do in the transfer window?S
Sat to Dave Williams,"Here''s the dosh,you have a go,''cos all I seem to do is buy crap!"

I hope Horsefield was a joke. I know, let''s all rant about city playing long ball, and then sign a forward whos only singular attribute is that he suits a long ball game, hes old, a poor player AND he has an attitude problem.

If we were to sign a striker, it would have to be Freddy Eastwood or Cameron Jerome. I would settle for either, to choose one it would have to be Freddy, as A) cheaper B) better touch C) i personally see more goals copming from him even though he is unproven at this level and a bit of a gamble.

This has been done to death, but in the spirit of Worthless'' transfers, i will in fact flog a dead horse. Etuhu will come good, he almost single handedly took them to playoffs last year. HE is remembered by PNE fans in the same way Holt is for us. Etuhu had one bad season and automatically never gave a damn in a single game, despite all the great games he did have. Holt is said by many on here - myself included - to have been awful, however we seem to forget that he was our player of the season a few years ago. see what im getting at?

Players I would sign: Mcveigh for a start!

RW: Greg Halford i would pay up to 500k for. Kamil Kosowski, think only on loan at So''ton and cant get a game but would be exactly what we need, quick and takes players on.

ST: ANY of Cameron Jerome, Freddy Eastwood or Izale Mcleod. but before i bid for any of these i would try and beat Glenn Hoddle to the punch and nick Tomasz Frankowski from under his nose. 750k would be the VERY most we would need to pay, and ok the guy''s 31. but he is a poacher. Technically very skillful, and give him half a chance and its in the net, he isnt the quickest but negates this by reading the game masterfully.

CM: I would consider rescuing Gary Flitcroft from Blackburn reserves, However, there are many other younger players that could probably do the same job.

[quote user="Tom Blazak"]

I hope Horsefield was a joke. I know, let''s all rant about city playing long ball, and then sign a forward whos only singular attribute is that he suits a long ball game, hes old, a poor player AND he has an attitude problem.

If we were to sign a striker, it would have to be Freddy Eastwood or Cameron Jerome. I would settle for either, to choose one it would have to be Freddy, as A) cheaper B) better touch C) i personally see more goals copming from him even though he is unproven at this level and a bit of a gamble.

This has been done to death, but in the spirit of Worthless'' transfers, i will in fact flog a dead horse. Etuhu will come good, he almost single handedly took them to playoffs last year. HE is remembered by PNE fans in the same way Holt is for us. Etuhu had one bad season and automatically never gave a damn in a single game, despite all the great games he did have. Holt is said by many on here - myself included - to have been awful, however we seem to forget that he was our player of the season a few years ago. see what im getting at?

Players I would sign: Mcveigh for a start!

RW: Greg Halford i would pay up to 500k for. Kamil Kosowski, think only on loan at So''ton and cant get a game but would be exactly what we need, quick and takes players on.

ST: ANY of Cameron Jerome, Freddy Eastwood or Izale Mcleod. but before i bid for any of these i would try and beat Glenn Hoddle to the punch and nick Tomasz Frankowski from under his nose. 750k would be the VERY most we would need to pay, and ok the guy''s 31. but he is a poacher. Technically very skillful, and give him half a chance and its in the net, he isnt the quickest but negates this by reading the game masterfully.

CM: I would consider rescuing Gary Flitcroft from Blackburn reserves, However, there are many other younger players that could probably do the same job.

[/quote]

Gary Flitcroft: come february we are gonna have so many central midfielders its untrue - he however is a good shout - but we have already forked out enough -lets hope JJ or Dicko comes good

Go to a small little island in the Maldives on holiday, somewhere nice and warm, quiet, where he can think out his tactics without all those awful Norwich fans telling him he''s complete crap......and by chance spot some wonder kid playing fantastic football on the beach.  Bring him back to Norwich where he dazzles the division, scoring hat tricks in every game,  and low and behold we are promoted as champions.  [<:o)]

Worthy is then head hunted by that same small island as national coach and leaves......

Oh god, is that the alarm going off already [;)]