Sign in to follow this  
mat gore

Andy Gray !!

Please No !!!

Jerome is an exciting if unproven prospect.  Gray is an unexciting journeyman who has already peaked.

Sadly I know who fits the bill of a worthington signing. 

This confirms our worst fears. We have enquired about a striker who has lost the ability to strike, who can''t conmmand a regular place in a relegation doomed side, and who is 29. I can''t see that this makes any sense at all. If Ashton is going, which looks increasingly likely, this man will not be a replacement, if Ashton is stopping this man should not get a game. Most of what Gray can offer could come from Thorne in any case, or is he another mistake to be discarded?I can see only two reasons in the Worrthington way of thought:1) Gray was effective at Sheffield - so as usual he is way out of date, as he was in the Etuhu decision. In Gray''s case it seems from a leak that Sunderland scouts advised against buying Gray, but McCarthy ignored their advice, and splashed a million pounds out in desperation. He now seems prepared to accept a fraction of that to unload Gray.2) We don''t need a scorer so much as a target man, to whom the long ball can be aimed. There may be something in this, as a way of building a Championship or First Division side, but Gray has already shown that he cannot cut it at Premiership level.Thrre now seems to be a ceiling on all purchases of  £0.5 million, i.e. a complete lack of ambition. I shudder to think what sort of team we shall finish with. Of course, it could be that all these sow''s ears could turn out to silk purses, and we shall sweep the Championship next year, but given the record of the management so far the more likely result would be relegation to the First Division before too long.Is the enquiry about Jerome sincere? It is only an enquiry so far. Dave Jones, his manager, has already shown that it will take big money to prise Jerome away. Jerome may have potential, but can you see Carrow Road stumping up £3m on an inexperienced 19 year old?These are worrying days!

Yes he will if Ashton goes but would he want to come here more''s the question? As for unproven, yes he is, whereas Ashton has cut it for 2/3 years at least included a few months in the Prem.