Middlesborough accept transfer request from Mark Schwarzer..... Hmmmmm... who could the replacement be? Someone McClaren has worked with at England level maybe??!!! The two seemed very friendly both times we played them last season.

Ooooooo-er..... the rest of the season with Ward in goal??!!!! God help us.

Name dropping a bit, but a very drunk Joe Lewis told me last Christmas that Greeno was on his way to Boro, providing Schwarzer was sold (And at the time Man United were supposed to be interested) That obviously didnt happen, but maybe this January it will?

I hope the club are aware that their 16 year old 4th chocie Goalkeeper was drunk and spreading rumours to fans last season....

Well done for getting him into trouble trent! he''s the next one who''s going to get shown the door!!!!!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I hope the club are aware that their 16 year old 4th chocie Goalkeeper was drunk and spreading rumours to fans last season....

Well done for getting him into trouble trent! he''s the next one who''s going to get shown the door!!!!!

jas :)

[/quote]

To his credit he did say it was only if Schwarzer was off, so I couldnt accuse of him of lying. Did I say he was drunk? I meant he was erm, on Orange Juice on night, Yeah.. Must have been too many candy bars that made him so lairy.

It was their academy night out from what I remember, I think Asmat El Ouargoui (Sp?) had only just signed, so I gave him a friendly welcome, even though he probably didnt have the first clue what I was saying.

it looks a possability, but surely they would askabout niemi at southampton first??????!!!!!!

[quote user="AJ"]

it looks a possability, but surely they would askabout niemi at southampton first??????!!!!!!

[/quote]

You would have thought so, but the first post makes a good point. Mclaren and Green both involved in the England set up. Niemi is better IMO, but Mclaren may have other ideas.

...and if niemi is contracted, i think they can ask a fair bit more, him being a seasoned international and all.

could this be where the jerome money is coming from, as opposed to deano.

smoke and mirrors remember!

Actually I wouldn''t mind Ward in Goal - Green has not been at his best for some time, and does not command his Area as an International (Squad) Keeper should.

Brilliant! Greeno to Middlesborough! Hey, we can pop in and have a cup of tea with him, when we are on our way to play Hartlepool next season...........;~) 

poor greeno! where do you suppose all the middlesborough footballers go and live?

must be a bit like blackburn where they all go off and live in the posh

ribble valley, a million miles from the coronation street surroundings

of ewood - the riverside''s surroundings are even grimmer!

If this is true it is the best news we have had in ages!!!  We have an abundence of good keepers (good enough in this division at the very least i would say)  to keep each other on their toes with this potential number one slot coming up, and if we get a couple of million and it saves us losing ashton or safri then LETS DO IT i say!! [:)]

Matt

IF GREEEN GOES ,  THEN WHY NOT GET RUSSELL HOULT FROM WBA,  HE IS OUT OF FAVOUR AT WBA AND LOOKING FOR ANOTHER CLUB,  WOULD MAYBE GET HIM ON THE CHEAP , IF NOT ON A FREE, WAS A FANTASTIC KEEPER ONLY 2-3 YEARS AGO  AND WAS TIPPED FOR ENGLAND.

[quote user="Oso Butch"]Hope he wasn''t drinking.  He''ll have more than Worthless after him...[/quote]

Oso, not going to comment on Lewis, but on your signature.  Add my dog''s sentiments to yours and we may have a pack ready to storm Colney [;)]

Have heard that charlton are after Green and are going to table a bid of £3 mill plus a unamed player?????,but i must say i think we will get more for him if he goes to middlesborough!!!!.

I would rather lose Green then Ashton as i think good goalkeepers are a bit easier to find then goal scorers!!!!!!,just hope that NW dosn''t sign Gray from sunderland with the money !!!!.

According to teletext charlton are going to make a 3million, cash + player deal for green. I think this means 3million - the value of the player they have offered, not a player on top of 3 million. Yhis sounds a good deal especially if we get 2 millioncash, although the player might not be exciting. We''ve been linked with lisbie, johansen, euell, bryan hughes and matt holland, i suppose any of the last 3 could do a job, especially holland and euell.

[quote user="smithy"]IF GREEEN GOES ,  THEN WHY NOT GET RUSSELL HOULT FROM WBA,  HE IS OUT OF FAVOUR AT WBA AND LOOKING FOR ANOTHER CLUB,  WOULD MAYBE GET HIM ON THE CHEAP , IF NOT ON A FREE, WAS A FANTASTIC KEEPER ONLY 2-3 YEARS AGO  AND WAS TIPPED FOR ENGLAND.[/quote]

He would do well for us, but we already have two international keepers (Who you would think would have something to prove after all this time) And not forgetting Young and sober Joe Lewis, who is an England youth (I think?)