Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Poll: Andy Gray Yes or No

NO THANKSIt would represent another brick in the wall of mediocrity. At his age it could hardly be team building. Would he be an improvement on Thorne, given that Grey can''t get a regular place in a relegation doomed team! Surely he can''t be seen as a target man to play alongside Ashton, where would Hux and McV play. So he seems the replacement for Ashton, if you can believe it!

"For me its a big  NO THANKS  he is another Worthy style Carthorse"

Just wondering if you have ever seen him play? Or know much about him to make that sort of sweeping judgement?

Sheff UTD        27-02-200411-08-2005Signed 56 (2)255 (0)12 (0)20 (0)0
Bradford09-08-200227-02-2004Free 77 (0)202 (0)12 (0)00 (0)0

25 goals in 56 games for Sheff UTD aint too bad, nor is 45 in 133 adding a spell at Bradford.

Sounds pretty good at this level to be honest, Ill have to speak to my mackem flatmate to get the lowdown. However if we are buying a striker with the Ashton money id expect better. So NO THANKS, for now..

OK he is 28/29 so he has no potential or youth on his side - and he is a mid table championship player - so i guess thats why worthy is interested in him.  He would be useless if we ever did somehow get promoted. To me he looks like he has had one good season in 10 years.

Also if you check out another post Mick Macarthy signed him even though his scouts told him not to.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Just wondering if you have ever seen him play? Or know much about him to make that sort of sweeping judgement?

[/quote]

on this years current signings I am left wondering if anybody at the club had seen them play?? And if they did they should be sacked.

I have seen him play on the tv once and he does drift right side - I think he used to be a poor right midfielder and converted to a striker at Bradford due to injuries - did a good job and so got the move to sheffield united.

Knowing worthy he will arrive and play in his old Right Midfield position.

Yes, because he can then ''moonlight'' on Yarmuff  Beach, giving kiddies rides with the rest of the Donkeys!

I would rather have Frederick Eastwood, he''s raw, full of energy and will have a point to prove! For crying out loud - we nearly bought Scowcroft! Panic Panic...........Eurrrrrrrghhhhh! ;~(

I bet none of you lot wanted Leon or Sven here either, did you?

And now I bet you all wish Sven was still here, and can''t wait for Leon to get fit again?

And I bet you didn''t want Doherty? Go on, admit it.

A player like Gray could do a good job for a mid to upper table Championship side, which is what we are under Nigel.

Thats a firm NO for me! If we sell Ashton then lets buy a decent striker to replace him. If we don''t sell him then lets only sign someone who is going to add quality to the squad!! One goal in 17 appearances for Sunderland this season proves Andy Gray isn''t Premiership class!!! Stop wasting our money Worthy!!!

[quote user="Mook"]

I bet none of you lot wanted Leon or Sven here either, did you?

And now I bet you all wish Sven was still here, and can''t wait for Leon to get fit again?

And I bet you didn''t want Doherty? Go on, admit it.

A player like Gray could do a good job for a mid to upper table Championship side, which is what we are under Nigel.

[/quote]

MOOK

Yes i was happy we got mckenzie - i like us taking the local clubs good players they normally do well and we  dont do it enough - llua lua, davies, etherington, kitson etc.

Yes i was happy we got svennsson - 50,000 was a bargain for a player with a 1 in 3 scorong record before us

No i didnt want doherty, I felt he was not a premiership standard Center Half let alone centre forward. and he wassnt - he may be in the future but i still feel he would not get away with his manhadling in the premiership and give away loads of free kicks like before.

As for this guy - well hes ok as an addition to the squad but 400,000 why waste the money we have thorne, why would we need him - how about getting someone with a bit of potential ala dave kitson rather than another mid table clogger

Boy will it be difficult for him 2 even try and fill Deano''s boots! if that situation does arise!

Please, NO!

NO

We dont need another aging never done much striker like gray. If ashton stays then eastwood be worth a risk as a squad player who has potential but if ashton goes then hopefully there will be a bigger name. Likely to be jerome, i can think of many good strikers of the ashton mould who would come.

Nooooooooooooooooo! would any supporter of any club in this Div get excited about Andy Gray signing for them?

The answer is nooooooooooo not even for free!

NO   not good enough to get in a dire sunderland team ,not good enough for us. why does worthy always go for other teams rejects. I even think we are better than sunderland and were a mess

If we keep signing garbage like this bloke, we''ll have more old carthorses than Redwings. Replacement for Ashton? Dont you dare, Worthington.