Sign in to follow this  
sheded

WEST HAM V NORWICH THREAD

I predict 3-1 to west ham, i cant see our midfield coping with reo-coker and benayoun, when they couldnt cope with donald duck. Etuhu couldnt run a bath, never mind a midfield and ive seen hucks tacle more in games than jarret, at least charlton set up a goal on monday, unfortunately at the wrong end. At least ashton will score in another 3rd round exit.

It will be a West Ham rout unfortunately, but as long as no more injuries are sustained, I see it as a week''s rest from the Championship and a chance to see some of our youngsters perform...and a chance to welcome Frodo and his hobbit mates from Green Street back to Carrow Road.

Frodo: Norwich, Gandalf, is it left or right?

Bearing in mind West Ham are going rather well in the Premiership, this should logically be a straight forward victory for them today. Especially with the quality of Safri and Hucks absent from our team.

But cup games have a strange way of showing you that anything is

possible in football. So I am strangely optimistic about this

afternoon. Sure, with a central midfield duo of Etuhu and Jarrett we

should really get pasted. And if Ashton is dropped to save him from

being cup-tied for his new employers, it could turn into a humiliation.

But maybe, just maybe, we can turn it into a Championship style battle.

Get stuck into West Ham early. Put them on the back foot, make them

unsettled. And if McVeigh perhaps works a little magic up front to

get us an early lead, we could make a proper contest out of today''s

game. Or maybe I should just wake up and smell the coffee.

I just don''t want our only appearance on Match of the Day resulting in a "plucky little Norwich get Hammered"  type summary from Mark Lawrenson and co. Let''s see some pride from the team today at least.

Shacks on the bench - just making up numbers, or actually fit to play?After Robinson on Monday i believe McKenzie would be on the bench if he said he could manage 5 minutes!

[quote user="Tom ives"]

I fancy it today... don''t ask me why, I just do.

Norwich 2 - 1 West Ham

Ashton to score a brace

[/quote]Did you read the other posts? Ashton NOT playing. We might nick it, but West Ham have looked good, even though they''ve not got results recently.It''ll have to be a good team effort to get anything.

[quote user="Tom ives"]

I fancy it today... don''t ask me why, I just do.

Norwich 2 - 1 West Ham

Ashton to score a brace

[/quote]

that''ll be hard with him not playing and all!

Good old radio cabbage still say Deano injured, but why would the club make a statement to Sky & BBC that they''ll make an Ashton announcement after the game? You don''t usually announce that a player isn''t leaving - not this early in the transfer window!Why couldn''t we stick to our guns? Cardiff played Cameron Jerome today (and he scored), they weren''t bothered about his value being affected by being cup-tied. Mind you, the way this is going, we won''t care if he''s cup-tied and we want to bid!I''m trying to concentrate on the game, but the shadow from Ashton is looming large - how is it affecting the other players?

The worst thing about this if Ashton does go, is that the club have decided to treat their fantastically loyal supporters so shabbily.   I suppose it follows on from Worthington''s comments earlier this season about the supporters, but I would have expected more transparency from the club as far as Ashton''s availability in the transfer market.   I mean all the bluster about him signing an extended contract and not being for sale at any price is more than just talk isn''t it?   Surely it''s deception at best and a downright lie at worst...

Still I wish him all the best should he chose to go - hopefully he''ll mature into the great player that he has the potential to become...

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]

The worst thing about this if Ashton does go, is that the club have decided to treat their fantastically loyal supporters so shabbily.   I suppose it follows on from Worthington''s comments earlier this season about the supporters, but I would have expected more transparency from the club as far as Ashton''s availability in the transfer market.   I mean all the bluster about him signing an extended contract and not being for sale at any price is more than just talk isn''t it?   Surely it''s deception at best and a downright lie at worst...

[/quote]

They''ve never said that he''s not for sale at any price, quite the reverse in fact - they said that the price will be high. And he did, as a matter of fact, sign an extended contract, putting a bit more value on him for Norwich. Where''s the deception?

Back to the game. ETUTU (a Wallerism) has a broken nose seemingly, hopefully will be available for Plymouth. Sounds a depressing game, glad I saved money. Hope Jarrett scores - twice.

Well I certainly feel deceived but not at all suprised.   We''re still living the legacy of Chase but now it''s called "Prudence with Ambition"...

2-0 down now - normal service is resumed.

1 - 2 !God help my optimistic heart - I think we could get something! (replay & Ashton to play at Upton Park?)Nah! Only if Pardew signs him!