Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Conago (or however it is spelt)

Now then. I''m thirty something and My Dad is a binner. I therefore have long and usually painful memeories of the Scum and their hideous players. Watching yesterday it occured to me that throughout my lifetime The Vile Heathen Swine (for that is how they are known) have always had a cheat. This current collection of vacant , sinister looking thickos is no exception. Step forward Meester Cunago.

The "rolling around in agony" when Malky gave him a clip of the ear was priceless. Rivaldo would have been proud. It certainly put him on a par with other notable Ipswich cheats as David Johnson, Buentcho Gounchev (spelling again I know!) and for those of us old enough to remember the reamarkable Eric "small, glum and doing strange things with Mariner''s derriere" Gates.

So here is a question to all good Canary Folk. Have we ever had a cheat to compare with these guys or is it the one area in which we admit defeat?

Mentioned on another post about getting your kids to follow your team and how they can be pesky so and sos and end up supporting the oppo just to annoy you. Is this what happened with you? That must be tought having a binner in the family! I have two good mates who are and that''s bad enough. Even the barman at my local is one - i''m gonna enjoy going for a pint later this week!!!

Whilst never in the same league for the theatrical rolling around on the ground, I always thought Marc Libbra was pretty good at falling over his own boot laces in the opposition''s penalty area, in order to try ti con a ref into giving a penalty.

If it''s "wind up merchants" you want, then step forward Mr Fleck.

Johnny Miller- ex-Ips*** right winger. Every time he played for us he cheated by taking his wages.
Ask a grown up about his performance (not) at Wembley. OTBC from a wintery Skegness.

Talking about drawing wages under false pretences, what about Steve Walsh ???????

On the subject of Conuago, can someone PLEASE help Roy Waller with his pronounciation? I''m not expecting a spanish accent, but Roy referred to him as "cun-a-geee"!!

And also (sorry Roy, you''re a top bloke really but...) as far as I was aware, Marcus Bent is playing for Leicester. Is that right? Because according to Roy, he was playing for the binners for most of yesterdays game!

Seasonal tidings my most angst ridden chum! I trust your day of gloating has been to your liking?

Whilst I fully concur that the boy ’Coo - narr – joo’ (as they like to call him in Suffolk) is right up their with Greg Luganis in the old diving stakes let us revel on this most happy of days in the skills of Mick ‘the boy line-acre’ Channon, blast my draws there must have been a sniper in the River End, on a par? You don’t agree? Well how about the wee Glaswegian? The difference there of course is that if he caught you a wrong one for questioning the legitimacy of his skills in the performing arts you would have known about it, ‘The boy Coo - narr – joo’ would be more like getting slapped by my Grandmother and she’s been dead nine years.

Moving on, do regale me with tales of how lucky we were, Bury’s most skilled conveyance clerk has not been on the phone today so I am a bit short on such things.

FOYB

PS if you are in the market we are out for a celebratory pint and a gloat this evening, bring them to me....................

Roy waller was class yesterday i think he made three attempts at saying his name

even neil adams kept saying counago nice clear so he could catch on

Ah ha...Erectus Maximus. Missed this post until trudging through the board this morning. Sorry missed gloating pint, but fear not Gloating was had in the Town of St Edmund throughout.

As I write Mr Counago has once again secured a penalty at West Ham; the result of a particularly strong breeze knocking him over. The blessed Spaniard had, once again,to be placed into the recovery position. Sure enough he managed to survive the tumble and score the penalty.

Will see you in good time for the Everton match, a day out on the train seems an excellent way to celebrate the Second coming of Hux, or indeed the third/fourth coming of our good friend the illuminous Printer.

I bid thee a merry year end old bean.

Keep it low.