Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Are you all as confused as me?

Firstly, ashton is left out and i am infotmed that the club has said he is ill. I believed that to be rubbish. I the nhear man city have had an 8 million bid accepted and that ashton was in manchester on thursday and am then told he is at the ground. A press conference is then called which seems to almost certaintly be to say he is going or a bid has been accepted, but then Nigel says he has an x-ray saying he''s injured, only a mad bid would lead to him going and the press conference is no more. Its like a soap opera.

Also, earlier in the week the club announce that we have spent all transfer money and would have to sell to bring players in. But now a club director has said this is not the case, and that there is money available. Also, worthy has said he''s looking for players in his post match interview.

Who else is confused because i certainly am.

i have no idea whats going to happen with ashton, but im sure that the club does have some, not much, money to spend. Probably somewhere in the region of 1.5-2mil but i dont really know :-S

Come on Matt it is all very clear to anyone with half a brain.

Ashton will be sold to Portsmouth, Man City, Charlton, Wigan or West Ham for at least £8.7M. Ashton will not be sold to anyone unless City receive at least £10M. Ashton is going nowhere and anyway he is injured. Any money that City have, which is actually none, will be used to bring in exciting young players like Cameron Jerome but we will have to sell players before this can be done, or not. Exciting young players like Andy Gray may be tempted to this promotion-pushing squad but only when Ashton is sold, which he isn''t going to be, not unless we get a silly offer, and maybe not even then, probably, or maybe not.

Is that clear now?

[quote user="breaker"]Come on Matt it is all very clear to anyone with half a brain. Ashton will be sold to Portsmouth, Man City, Charlton, Wigan or West Ham for at least £8.7M. Ashton will not be sold to anyone unless City receive at least £10M. Ashton is going nowhere and anyway he is injured. Any money that City have, which is actually none, will be used to bring in exciting young players like Cameron Jerome but we will have to sell players before this can be done, or not. Exciting young players like Andy Gray may be tempted to this promotion-pushing squad but only when Ashton is sold, which he isn''t going to be, not unless we get a silly offer, and maybe not even then, probably, or maybe not. Is that clear now?[/quote]

Thanks, now i can expect us to only accept low bids for ashton, reject higher ones, that we are trying to find a youthful striker with years of experience and that our board have a serious problem in counting money!