Sign in to follow this  
Dame to Blame

Ashton to pompey for 7 million

Is it just me or does that seem daft, why leave a team like norwich to go to a team like pompy i mean, there is a chance they will be in the championship next year... if ashton does go there i hope norwich go up and pompy go down. ha :)

[quote user="barclayendboy"]Just got a text of a mate who said that pompey have had a 7 million bid accepted so it looks like he is pompey bound GREAT well done the board.
[/quote]

If correct, surely this is a bad choice for Ashton.

It''s hardly likely to improve his Champions League/International ambitions and there''s a more than outside chance that he''ll experience two Premiership relegations in 2 seasons.

didnt you guys forget the 70 million being invested in pompey - also it does give a good reason as to why harry went back.  Looks like a good move for him to me - maybe Primus is coming in the opposite direction - he is a right back and has been dropped by harry recently

Let''s be honest - ANY MOVE will improve Ashton''s ambitions....

Worthless and his fellow coaching clowns have turned Ashton into a worse player since he left Crewe..

Another year''s coaching under their guidance and he could be kissing his football career goodbye!

Good luck to him....he can''t be blamed one iota....

Quote from Pompey website

"Solent report that they spoke to Storrie at halftime at Ipswich about rumours re Ashton and he denied that Pompey had made a bid for Ashton,"

Maybe he''s going to W Ham - think of the benefits

Worthy makes his after game statement, Delia brings a desk and chair on to the pitch, Ashton signs for the Hammers there and then, W ham hand over cheque and Ashton can then go back on the W Ham coach.

The West ham plot seems to fit...but do they really need an Ashton. I would peg Harewood as a very similar player, ...what really would Deano add to their toolbox, except more strength in numbers.

If we had a Board with half the ambition of their Crystal Palace counterparts to get back to the Premiership he would be going nowhere , prudence with greed , well done Norwich City fc.

Funnily there''s a post on the Pompey message board on rivals.net from a

Pompey fan suggesting that Ashton will sign for Wigan on Monday for £7M.

So according to you lot we''ve sold Ashton to Man City, Portsmouth and Wigan for 7 million.

Nice work board, 21 million in the bag. Great scam love it...