Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

proof we've gone backwards!

premiership west ham?  They played more or less the same side we drew 1-1 against 2 seasons ago.This time around, they looked world beaters against us. they were always in control, make no mistake - we didn''t have a sniff, even at 1-2.at times, i felt i was watching a reserve match, especially 1st half.

What proof is that, then? That a Norwich side with 10 players out can''t match a Premier side.....is that really news or proof of anything at all????

The only proof from today''s game/goings on are that there are currently many supporters who will believe any conspiracy theory/rumour going.

But one or two people were commenting on the brief performance of Spillane, saying that he did more in that time than the rest of the midifield did in the entire match. At least Worthy knows what a central midfielder looks like now! It sounds as if Spillane should become reguilar. He really hasn''t much competition! Butt eith the manager''s aversion to youth and skill, you would not bet on it.

And try comparing something a bit more relevant, ie last years exact same tie in which we were feeble. IMO this display was more promising than that. And the number of first choice players we are missing at the moment surely has to be taken into account.

I think that if we''re talking about whether the club has gone backwards as a whole it has to be considered that, out of the squad on our pay roll, three of our most creative outfield players (Ashton, Huckerby and Safri) were unavailable today. Considering this, I don''t think today was a particularly bad show against a team who have been doing respectably in the Premiership this season, we wouldn''t have drawn the game you are talking about without Huckerby . And if Ashton is to go, we get the funds to strengthen our attack and midfield (right-winger). The million dollar question, I agree, is who would Worthington spend our cash on. I have to admit, I wish we had given Jonson a go at this level, our right side was painfully exposed at points today. But I don''t think that the evidence stands up that we have gone backwards from the disarray that Hamilton left us in.      

i agree under hamilton we had a huge squad of useless players but in the squad was the core 8 or 9 players that got us to the play offs.

What i will say is that if you take Deano out of the side I see no area in the side that has improved since the promotion year.

I would count that as a premiership opportunity wasted im afraid.