Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Lets unleash all hell on the board!!!!

If Ashton leaves in the transfer window I hope the fans will give the board a serious piece of their minds. It will be a traversty if Ashton leaves and such a massive step in the wrong direction for the football club! I was very impressed by the board when they found the cash to sign Ashton but it now seems that all their guts to make decent signings have totally gone! Selling Ashton would be the final straw for me! Lets make our voices heard and start some proper protests - not violent ones or acts of mindless thuggery I hasten to add, but ones that the board will have to sit up and listen to!!

get with the program mate.if ashton leaves it will be because he wants to, not because the board want to sell him.a basic understanding of how the transfer market works is helpful at this time of year...

if the board listened to the fans, worthy wouldn''t be here.this is still the best squad we''ve had in years, and i don''t think they''ll sell players unless its for big bucks or because players want to leave.onwards and upwards?

And if Ashton himself wants to leave?

If he doesnt want to leave and we sell him then that will annoy me (Unless its a figure we cant refuse, around 10 mil) but if he wants to go then well, s*** happens.

I really don''t think selling Ashton for a large profit is the end of the world.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forwards and we need a better squad.

Perhaps we need to clear out some high earners to get more bodies in and I would like to see some young talent purchased at a reasonable cost.

It is a team game and, as monday showed Ashton is nothing without a properly structured team around him and with a well structured team plenty of players can score in this division. It is in the Prem where you need your high ratio strikers.

If Ashton does go I will have no complaints with the board as long as we get a good price. We should of course be ''unleashing hell'' on the board for sticking with Nigel ''long ball'' Worthington.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]if the board listened to the fans, worthy wouldn''t be here.

this is still the best squad we''ve had in years, and i don''t think they''ll sell players unless its for big bucks or because players want to leave.

onwards and upwards?
[/quote]

Depends which fans they listen to the fickle ones or the realists? (just my opinion.)

[8-)] The big problem with Worthy selling Ashton is who is he gonna waste the money on? Maybe Scowcroft!!!

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]What about Johansson! if we get in there before ipswich!![/quote]

Let''s make our points more valid by stating them in increasing size font!!!

Though I would hate to see ashton go our squad is far too small at present. Presumably this is how we have been able to keep the better quality players like Ashton, but with that you need to have everyone around your stars to be at least competent. Unfortunately we haven''t been able to do that with the likes of Brennan, Hughes and others who are sicknotes.  Look at the successful teams such as Reading and Sheff utd this season,  reasonable size squads with no stars such as Ashton or Huckerby but flying high. Having top quality players are what the club should be aspiring too, but I dont think that should be done with out a strong squad around them. Problem is Worthy has got his stars, Ashton, Huckerby, Green etc and some good supporting players Safri, Docherty, Drury, but after that the well begins to run dry. My one worry is that he''ll get the cash for Ashton and blow it.

Not the boards fault if we sell! This board saved this club from obscurity. Some people have really short memories. I''m as frustrated as anyone with current scenario but havin a dig at the board is not going to make it any better. If Ashton goes for the right money then so be it. I''m not gonna pass judgement until we see how selling him plays out (who we bring in).

[quote user="bailojnr"]Not the boards fault if we sell! This board saved this club from obscurity. Some people have really short memories. I''m as frustrated as anyone with current scenario but havin a dig at the board is not going to make it any better. If Ashton goes for the right money then so be it. I''m not gonna pass judgement until we see how selling him plays out (who we bring in).[/quote]

I''m afraid I can''t agree that it isn''t the board''s fault if we sell. Ashton signed a contract extension at the beginning of the season so we certainly do not have to sell Ashton. He signed for Norwich so we have every right to tell him to honour his contract! Crystal Palace put their foot down and point blank refused to sell Johnson. Lets do the same and keep Ashton! It''s about time the board found the guts they once had when we signed McKenzie, Svensson and Huckerby!!!

Alex, Palace didn''t put their foot down, they begged Johnson to stay, begged Sven to call him and tell him that playing in the Championship wouldn''t affect his England chances (which it will) and then hiked his pay so far he is now the highest paid player in the Championship.Plus its only Jan 5th - there''s a very good chance that Simon Jordan will have egg on his face come Feb 1st if someone like Newcastle come in for him.If a player wants to leave a club there is really no point keeping him. Performance in football requires passion, commitment and confidence and a player who is retained by a club against their will has none of these and becomes a wasting asset.(And the reason he signed a contract extension is because we asked him to - so that if he leaves we maximise his value).Having said all this I have a sneaky suspicion that Deano will stay till the end of the season, not because we make him, but because he wants to. But time will tell.

I say Alex, ding bloody dong!

Was your name a high street gentlemens outfitters in the 1970''s later sold to Hepworths?

Is that sporty little gusset flashing totty wagon in the avatar yours old boy?

What you you have in mind for the board then? A piece of your mind? Are you going to give that racy little vixen Deals a damn good talking to?

I can just see it now...''I say, look here Roger! This has gone far enough.''

As Fat barman wouldn''t say...

''Let''s discuss this with Martini''s on the terrace.''

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

I say Alex, ding bloody dong!

Was your name a high street gentlemens outfitters in the 1970''s later sold to Hepworths?

Is that sporty little gusset flashing totty wagon in the avatar yours old boy?

What you you have in mind for the board then? A piece of your mind? Are you going to give that racy little vixen Deals a damn good talking to?

I can just see it now...''I say, look here Roger! This has gone far enough.''

As Fat barman wouldn''t say...

''Let''s discuss this with Martini''s on the terrace.''

[/quote] I say old chap you wouldn''t be suggesting one was a tad posh would you???? Surely you couldn''t think....?

Harvey-Jones was the name of a famous entrepreneur/ Chairman of ICI I''ll have you know - nothing so common as a highsteet shop!!!

Yes that dandy little totty wagon is indeed mine but I tend to use the E-type more at weekends! Ok well tally ho, I''m just off on the hunt then its back to the old mansion before heading out for drinks with the Smith''s. Frightfully common name that don''t you think??

If only you knew.....

knowing simon jordan and a bit about the situation... he did not beg AJ, he simply reverted to the contract and his big picture mentality. Simon has no interest in making a quick few mil of a player, he is a long term owner unlike our lot. People bang on about players wanting to leave, I am sure AJ being one of the prems top scorers could have gone anywhere however SJ putting his foot down and having a a bit of gravitas means they still have him. I dont see delia or roger telling deano hes a young lad with alot to learn and he''ll be staying with the club for the foreseeable future end of. Lets be avin u!!!! Sooner this club is owned by a serious, long term entrepenurialist the better...

This''ll be the same Simon Jordan that vowed to keep Clinton Morrison I presume.And then sold him.(accepting that there is nothing he could do to keep a player who wanted to leave.)http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/2119617.stmDelia & Michael are the epitome of long-term stewards of the club. Would rather have them at the helm than someone of Jordan''s ilk any day of the week.