Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

If Ashton doesn't play he's off!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

If Ashton fails to play against West Ham, then trust me, he''s off.

I can almost hear the news from Colney now!.

[/quote]

we are all waiting for the minor knock in training - maybe they have invited francis back for a session!!! [;)]

If he doesn''t play tomorrow, then we won''t have 11 players on the pitch!

With all the injuries and suspensions, he has to play. Plus, he''s not leaving anyway!

Even if Ashton does play he''ll still be off -- probably after 20 or so minutes being seen to by the physio for a speck of dust in his left eye.

Ashton is a major injury just waiting to happen.

The guy has obvious back and hamstring problems and if he stays we might end up regretting rejecting a good bid.

I have never seen a young man look so restricted in his movement but at least, lately he appears to have lost a little weight.

A serious question for you all here.

Everyone keeps saying that Ashton is going to be snapped up by someone. But seriously who do you think would buy him?

I was at the match on Monday and saw him play and he was awful. He can''t hold the ball up and does not take on defenders at all.

Lets hope every outsider was watching Ashton and is only judging him on one bad game. Unfortunately most observers will know that he is the real deal. It will really rankle if Ashton goes to a ''little'' premier club, as opposed to a ''proper'' one.  

Alan Pardew will buy him tomorrow after West Ham demolish Norwich.

£4 million is a fair price for a player that is as overweight as Ashton. My Nan has got more pace over ten yards!

Horace,

Cool, I hope that this is other clubs'' perception of Ashton. If the most they''re gonna offer is £4m then we get to keep him. I happen to think there are other attributes than pace that he offers a team. And for the record, I think you''re probably right about the game tomorrow as we''re down to about 3 fit professional players. If your analysis of Deano is correct then why exactly is Pardew gonna want to sign him?       

[quote user="charlies dad"]Lets hope every outsider was watching Ashton and is only judging him on one bad game. Unfortunately most observers will know that he is the real deal. It will really rankle if Ashton goes to a ''little'' premier club, as opposed to a ''proper'' one.  [/quote]

I take it you are referring to Wigan by the ''little'' reference. I will agree that we have no premiership pedigree being that this season is the first time we have ever been in the premiership. However in my opinion we have made a real good start to becoming in your opinion a ''proper'' permiership club. Having already achieved 34 points with only half the season gone.

I have actually seen Ashton a number of times and not only once. I have never been impressed however I have to admit he seems to have gone backwards as a player over this season.

Hence the reason for my question. If anyone from the premiership either ''little'' or ''proper'' were watching him then I don''t think they will have been impressed.

It was a real question about who might buy him, especially at the money you seem to think you will get for him.

Relax, WW, he said ''little'' not bad, you have obviously made a cracking start to the season, but what is your average gate? And, not wanting to put words into his mouth, when he says ''proper'' I assume he means established which I don''t think you can argue that you are.

If ashton is sold its got to be 7 million plus i dont want him sold but feel man city are going to grab him said this some time ago.If he does go and worthy goes and gets jerome earnshaw and koumas then it will not be such a bad thing.Three quality players brought in. 

has anyone considered that Next Season is the last year of Dean Ashtons contract????

He could, therefore, Sign a pre contract agreement and we lose him for nothing... or he could envoke his right to a Bosman and clear off at the end of next season.... for nothing.

Cash in on him when the time is right.. be it now or in the summer... knowing our board and management we will all be left looking stupid again when we make £0 on deano next year!

jas :)

Ashton''s contract expires June 2009, or 2010 if the one-year extension is invoked.

Although that''s irrelevant as I can''t see him being here June 2006...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

has anyone considered that Next Season is the last year of Dean Ashtons contract????

He could, therefore, Sign a pre contract agreement and we lose him for nothing... or he could envoke his right to a Bosman and clear off at the end of next season.... for nothing.

Cash in on him when the time is right.. be it now or in the summer... knowing our board and management we will all be left looking stupid again when we make £0 on deano next year!

[/quote]

Ay? Am I missing something?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

No none of us have considered it because its completely and utterly wrong....

Jas, surely speaking to the player without contacting and getting permission from the club first is against the FIFA and FA rules?

therefore we would have to be offered some money before hand, however i feel he will leave before the end of his contract anyway

If Ashton plays tomorrow, he is cup tied for a start.

Ive mixed feelings on Deano.  At moment we cant really sell him as McKenzie is now out and Thorne is not really up to the job (sorry any Thorne fans)

[quote user="Canarychick"]

Ive mixed feelings on Deano.  At moment we cant really sell him as McKenzie is now out and Thorne is not really up to the job (sorry any Thorne fans)

[/quote]

I dunno canarychick, i reckon if Thorne was played in his natural position (up front not right wing) alongside a Mckenzie or McVeigh he would do alrite.  In fact he is probably more suited to worthys long ball tactics as he is more experienced in playing that role than Ashton whom has played at crewe all his career.  As is Thorne get the odd appearance as sub right wing.

[quote user="Canarychick"]

[/quote]how can you tell thorney is not up to the job? the poor guy has been brought in as cover for deano and leon, and did not feature the early part of the season, and when he did get his chance he picked up a bad knee injury keeping him out for two months, he came back against luton at home and duley picked up the man of the match award in most of the sunday papers, only to then pick up another injury, this time a dead leg, so give the boy a chance and judge him after ten games or so. Trust me ive seen him play many times for cardiff, and he is quality at this level but he needs games.

According to the pinkun, Man City cant afford Ashton, Pearce only been given a tenner..

"The latest report, in the Sun, claimed that Manchester City manager Stuart Pearce had been handed more than [bold]£10[/bold] to spend during the transfer window, and would be using it to add Ashton and Charlton midfielder Danny Murphy to his squad."

(as at 08:40 today anyway, before they change it!)

You can say a lot of things about about the Wiz but he called this one perfectly.

More lies from Worthy and the board?