Sign in to follow this  
hucks for eng

Ashton Left training early Thurs!!

I went down to watch the training session on thurs and went over to Worthington spoke in his ear and walked off an hour early looking very dejected, he did look like he was struggling with his hamstring, so please don’t assume the club are lying!

[quote user="Lufbra Canary"]

I went down to watch the training session on thurs and went over to Worthington spoke in his ear and walked off an hour early looking very dejected, he did look like he was struggling with his hamstring, so please don’t assume the club are lying!

[/quote]

"Ashton" went over to worthy, soz about bad english 

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]If he was injured thay would have said so

before the match - and would have mentioned it yesterday. I jope your

post was tongue in cheek.[/quote]

no Paul its 100% the truth, ther was only 2 other people there , so

dont expect anyone else to back me up, but he left early looking very

unhappy and Worthy patted him on the stomach

Why would Worthington openly lie? and be known as a lier? We will not

know if he 100% does have a injury, but he definately left training an

hour early!!!!!

The word Ashton probably had in Worthy''s ear was about having to pack his bags and make sure all his wages had been paid before.

Radio Norfolk have just said that Deano have been seen at the ground and clearly not limping or in any way out of sorts. He is probably waiting around for the after match press conference. Apparently the boardroom is packed out this afternoon.

Man City here he comes...pity they wont be in the 4th round draw!

Why would they advertise the injury so early Paul? Surely if there was a chance he''d be fine then there''d be no need to say anything.Having said that, Waller just said he saw Ashton in the boardroom at half time. Apparently he Dean said nothing, just smiled at anyone who asked him what was wrong! Chairman allegedly replied to query as to Ashton''s destination with "Is he going anywhere?".I want to believe he''s staying and that the statement after the game is to reiterate his commitment to Norwich. I can''t convince myself though!

if you have a hamstring injury you dont limp anyway! it would only be

noticable thro a larger ranage of movement as in running, also would we

rather see his value decrease and he pay 20mins? or rather save hime

for a championship game?

why is the press conference AFTER the match - surely if he was staying a big boost to the fans before the game or at half time would be the way forward.

And if he is staying WHY didnt they have the conference before the match or on the pitch at half time to boost the fans.

I would like to see him go if we could raise the 7.5 million+ and spend it wisely.  Unfortunatly it will get spent Very Badly

Don''t you?   I''ve done mine playing rugby and it bloody hurt I can tell you when I walked on it.., but then I''m not a pampered darling to whom a "hamstring" injury means that they can''t get to the champagne bottle quite as quickly...

We have to wait and see what the statement is about......though whatever is going on, quite why Worthy should have advertised the fact that he was injured is beyond my comprehension - why let the oppos know your biggest threat is out?? 

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]Don''t you?   I''ve done mine playing rugby and it bloody hurt I can tell you when I walked on it.., but then I''m not a pampered darling to whom a "hamstring" injury means that they can''t get to the champagne bottle quite as quickly...[/quote]

Hamstring strains obviously come in all levels of severity, and effect you in different ways depending on the location and alsorts of factors, just cos your not limping its not a sign of no injury and peter Mendham has commented its only slight

If we start a full length debate every time  either, ashton gets injured, ashton isnt seen in training, there is a rumour in the paper that he''s off to......., that it is seen on footy rumours that he''s off to...., norwich are after a new strker accoding to reports or my mates girlfriends, big brothers bosses daughters babysitters great gran knows someone who has been told heis offetc, etc then we will be discussing it all month,

Lets wait till feb 1st and see whats happened then, we cant do anything about it, what will be will be.

Good point Matt.

But then you have posted about 10 times on the subject today already.

Ooops now I have, damn!

Well i wont be discussing it anymore unless there is a major development or there is a post i feel i have to comment on.

Why would we have a press conference before the game about an injured player that suits us to keep quiet from the opposition?    A press conference before the game suggests that the injury and ommission to deano is more important than the game itself - whih would be wholly inappropriate.

Worthy clearly stated that the player is ours and we dont want to sell and there is no story.  I cant see what else the club can do than what they did...   If he goes he was always going to go - if he stays he is always going to stay.

All I want is him to go within 10 days so the squad can be strengthened with any avilabel cash - selling him on 30th Jan is the worst scenario of all. 

It that is the case that he was injured on Thur and could not make the game then why were the supporters not informed of this on Fri through the media just like it is every week.  No, there was something fishy going on on Sat and the club treated us with disrespect by not informing us.

Sorry NavMan, two reasons why I disagree.1) Ashton feels sore on Thursday, club give it overnight in case it''s just a niggle. Friday goes for scan, results and analysis later on same day. Saturday, announcement of result - he is injured and can''t play. Speculation ensues, leading to statement after the game - you wouldn''t distract people during the final hour before a match by demanding the manager come and placate the media instead of preparing the team (however ineptly he might be doing that!)2) Why would you make an early announcement and expose your enforced change to the opposition - if West Ham expected to face Ashton, their game plan may have been changed at short notice, which might have helped us (with hindsight no noticeable benefit arose, but it might''ve).I feared the worst during the game, but think the club handled it correctly - they told the truth and elaborated after the game in response to speculation. They are not to be blamed for other peoples rumours, or lack of trust.