kick it off

Talk Norwich City - Webber Podcast

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Yorkshire Tea is fantastic. And I generally hate Yorkshire.

I’ve just ditched Yorkshire Tea in favour of M & S teabags-I’ve given up having sugar in my tea after 40+ years and Yorkshire is just too rough for my delicate palate.

I just enjoyed the interview for what it was - an almost celebratory reflection on a fantastic season.

Any questions on transfer targets or which players might be leaving wouldn't have been answered, as he rightly plays his cards close to his chest.

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

SW plainly wasn't going to comment on it and probably told them so.  There was a judicious edit in the video just before that and after it Jack was just basically allowed to say what he wanted, knowing that there was not going to be any comment from SW.

Good video though, thoroughly enjoyable.

It was a bit of a clumsy edit but for what it is that was fine.

An enjoyable hours’ watch and whilst not incisive journalistic content it was just a nice chat. Fine by me.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2019 at 11:59, BobLoz3 said:

Can't help but think that this might be because Webber is the Sporting Director and therefore doesn't have too much say in the commercial aspect, instead focussing on the footballing side.

I would suggest that the person who needs grilling about the membership scheme is Ben Kensell.

He might not have ultimate responsibility for the membership scheme but as one of the three key execs at the club, I’m sure he’d know all about it and should be prepared to answer difficult questions about it.

But as said, He probably said I won’t answer any questions about it.

Anyone know any more about the meetings that were due to happen this week and the club statement to follow?

1 hour ago, Woodman said:

Anyone know any more about the meetings that were due to happen this week and the club statement to follow?

The meeting is actually taking place this evening.

On 27/06/2019 at 12:21, Mr Angry said:

I’ve just ditched Yorkshire Tea in favour of M & S teabags-I’ve given up having sugar in my tea after 40+ years and Yorkshire is just too rough for my delicate palate.

Have you tried Clipper? The king of teas - as long as you actually like taste of tea, as opposed to hot water with a bit of milk in it.

Great video, listened to it on a long car journey, great to pass the time. I think Webber raises a really important point which is often overlooked in the modern game. 

Regardless of the brand, it’s so important to diffuse a tea bag in boiling water. Any cooler and the flavour just doesn’t come out. I can’t help thinking that Webber perhaps had a bad childhood experience with an amateur tea maker, and has been scarred for life. Yorkshire tea clearly is his comfort zone teddy bear. The Talk Norwich tea maker may well have opened Webber’s eyes to the possibility of life outside Yorkshire Tea.  This could be a defining moment at the dawn of our premier league era...