Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

anyone else feel like the club is treating us like dummies?

I don''t personally read the Sun or other sports supplements from the tabloids, so don''t know what they have to say at the present time, but listening to Radio Norfolk on Saturday (whilst working) was both rather alarming and amusing at the same time.  Neil Adams was most adamant that a statement would reveal that Deano was sold.  A few texts were bandied about amongst various supporters..... In the end nothing came of it all, bar Worthington revealing a training injury. 

I don''t want Deano sold, unless the man himself feels he can''t persue his career with us any longer.  That would then mean it''s his will to go, not the board''s wishing to cash in on him.  I don''t believe they want that, but as things stand at the moment for Deano, we are not a certainty for promotion and who can blame him for wishing to move to greener pastures.

The whole will he/won''t he saga is getting on my tits to be honest.  I just want the media to concentrate on how we are playing (but concede they prefer to concentrate on transfer speculation). 

If Deano goes, however, I would hope the board keeps the money for the future and doesn''t let Nigel have it.  He has wasted this year''s allocation, and the consequences of which largely must contribute to Deano wanting to go.  Had Nigel invested wisely this summer we might have had a better chance of returing to the Prem - might have, mind you, I am still convinced that we need a change in management before we can seriously consider another Premiership campaign. 

[quote user="Grampit Curfew"]frankly, no. on the basis of the combined intelligence of the people on this board though, maybe they should.
surely having a press conference after the game is what is known as keeping the fans informed.

[/quote]

To be honest Grampit all they did was create a bad atmosphere around carrow road, as all my freinds said they only thing on anyones lips was whether ashton was staying or going.

Maybe that was the plan - to take away from an appauling showing on the pitch in which we showed zero fight and left the fa cup without so much as a whimper.  When i see the heart the leicester players played with against a far superior Tottenham team that the west ham one we played.  There was no fight in us at all.

Never give up - we never even started...  And i dont think we cared....

That''s taking conspiracy a bit far, Paul. I agree it was an appalling showing by City - not as bad as Wolves, or Derby, but it was the FA CUP! Surely the players wanted to prove themselves?Anyway, I was going to say that a routine announcement that a player is unavailable through injury shouldn''t have led to this overshadowing of the game. It''s understandable that there was speculation, but I wouldn''t expect the club to respond before the game - they should have been focussed on preparing to face West Ham, not responding to media & fans questions. They did the sensible thing and agreed to talk about it later - then got slated for it. I suspect Ashton transfer talk would''ve predominated even if he''d played.

i was surprised they didnt mention it until saturday - I suppose they were on to a loser no matter what they did and it was just plain bad timing for him to get injured then.....

Its funny that it happens in this season though, talk about one thing after another!!!   this season is a shocker all round..   so far anyways

"To be honest Grampit all they did was create a bad atmosphere around carrow road, as all my freinds said they only thing on anyones lips was whether ashton was staying or going."

So if they had revealed on thursday or friday that Deano was injured, you think the same atmosphere wouldnt have existed? The conspiracy theories would have been flying about regardless of when it was announced.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

"To be honest Grampit all they did was create a bad atmosphere around carrow road, as all my freinds said they only thing on anyones lips was whether ashton was staying or going."

So if they had revealed on thursday or friday that Deano was injured, you think the same atmosphere wouldnt have existed? The conspiracy theories would have been flying about regardless of when it was announced.

[/quote]

I did just say the same in the post above.  Thuis boulderdash about a press conference didnt help. personally i think the club have made it entirely clear - unless a big offer comes in he aint going to be sold.  We just have to wait now.

Being the cynical ''chinless wonder'' that I am. I ''playfully'' suggested last week, that Dean would probably be declared unfit for the Worst Ham FA cup tie.........If the club are being ''economic with the truth'' then so be it. I make my own personal judgement on the reason Ashton didn''t play on Saturday, and I am inclined to disagree with what the club media said. I''m not really bothered whether anyone cares to dispute my opinion! At the end of the day, a valuable asset such as Ashton who isn''t cup-tied - is a more attractive proposition to an interested future employer. Conspiracy theory? Has Dean been recently carrying a niggling injury that would fail a strict medical? Time heals wounds.........

I am a reasonable and rational supporter of Norwich City Football Club. I always respect other folk''s opinions, and enjoy a bit of sarcasm, humour, tongue in cheek rapport and reasoned difference of opinion. It is not my intention to convert other fan''s to my way of thinking either. There are some individuals on this site, who can be quite cutting and personal, consistant in attacking other posters - with vindictive, vitriolic and snide retorts, put-downs and replies. Is there any need? Are we all not NCFC supporter''s with one common interest and goal? 

Anyway, I personally think that the Club, management and board - at this moment in time, are having a real rough ride. I was unhappy with certain things said by coaching staff recently, but we are all not infallible and make mistakes time to time.Are the club treating us like dummies? Perhaps not dummies, maybe showing a little disregard and respect to loyal individuals who only want what''s best for the club. We question certain decisions, or ask why such and such is occuring, and would like an honest reply. I accept that to disclose certain issues pertaining to the business that is NCFC is counter productive or, would/could harm the club''s financial standing or maybe even ''rock the boat'' amongst all employee''s at Carrow Road. Before I submit my cheque for the season ticket in February, I will watch with greater interest than other season''s, the results on the pitch, player purchase and departures etc, and also how the attitude of the board, management and playing staff are toward us......Because without us, the ''dummies'' there wouldn''t be a club. OTBC ;~)              

To be honest worthy in this case needs must, we cant risk deano getting injured if he is carrying a knock for reasons of selling him or being fit for championship games and it does help to sell him if he isnt cup tied.

All in all worthy has made the right decision here.  This season Promotion is the key, cups mean nothing and we had half a side to begin with.  We cant risk our prize asset or his value at this time.

We wouldnt want another case like carl robinson.