Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

anyone else feel like the club is treating us like dummies?

does anybody else think the club are treating us like idiots? why oh why cant they be honest with the fans for once? i dont know why they treat us like dummies all the time? i for one will now think long and hard as to whether i will renew the four season tickets my family have. it is amazing that they say ashton is injured and then say there will be an announcement about him by worthy after the game. i now have no confidence whatsoever in the board or the management of this club!

[quote user="baldyboy"]does anybody else think the club are treating us like idiots? why oh why cant they be honest with the fans for once? i dont know why they treat us like dummies all the time? i for one will now think long and hard as to whether i will renew the four season tickets my family have. it is amazing that they say ashton is injured and then say there will be an announcement about him by worthy after the game. i now have no confidence whatsoever in the board or the management of this club![/quote]

This has ticked me right off aswell! Why not just say. Certainly dosen''t look good

Yes, i agree.

I really doubt the ambition of our board despite all this "prudence with ambition" spin.

I also have a bad feeling that NCFC is on the slide and that the a return to the Premiership is not going to happen.

The most annoying thing though is that it doesn''t have to be like this but i fear it is.

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

Yes, i agree.

I really doubt the ambition of our board despite all this "prudence with ambition" spin.

I also have a bad feeling that NCFC is on the slide and that the a return to the Premiership is not going to happen.

The most annoying thing though is that it doesn''t have to be like this but i fear it is.

[/quote]

I,m a season ticket holder too could not make the game today and i have

to say i am very jarred off with this news i rekon the season ticket

sales could be hit hard by this news when after the match  i guess

worthy  will be telling us that Ashton is off .

Yes. It''s high time they spoke in an honest and straightforward manner, instead of obfuscating like a bunch of politicians.

I desperately want to believe that nothing is going to happen, but why

make a statement that you are going to make a statement if there is

nothing to say?

I agree with the semtiment that we are treated like idiots

though.  Why can''t the club be open and honest?  Afterall, we

are the one''s who pay their wages.

I am Totally disgusted.

Mind you Stevie Wonder could have seen this one coming.

Why don`t they just say "we are leaving him out because we are selling him"

Its disgusting, they are treating the fans like idiots.

Remember when they came to the fans "cap in hand" for the share issue.

Now they repay this with spin and lies.

So much for Worthy saying his players should look up the word "honesty" in the dictionary.

I think the whole club does not know what the word means.

I agree it is really taking the p out of us, thing is the clubs who are

interested in him are hardly gonna be contenders for the FA Cup anyway

and if they are willing to pay less cause he has played for us in the

cup then just don''t sell to them, surely that is obvious... It''s as

though we''ve gone from holding on to him to trying to push him out the

door.

Totally gutted, especially coming at a time where we seem to have been rejuvinated.... slightly ;)

To be fair, he was left out against MK earlier in the season in the CarlingCup. I thought he was off then too

Perhaps a team has offered, we have accepted, on the agreement that he doesnt play today. but we cant announce the deal until its completed.. Would make sense.

Then Trent it would be better to just leave him out and say nothing , if he was left out because he is sold they have LIED to the fans , and should all pack their bags and leave along with Ashton .

I can''t understand everyone being so p''d off.....what do you expect:

...if he is injured - what would we gain by telling the opposition that our "best" player is out?

...if he is being sold - it is bound to be a condition of sale that he didn''t play.

I just can''t really see why everyone is so displeased.

Re: season tickets and so on - I will renew, whoever we have in our side. Why?  I support my side.  If just because we might be selling one player means that you question this, then are you truly a supporter? Surely in the cold light of day you would rethink.

Ok Ok..

The fact is there are no confirmed bids, infact Worthy is just saying now that we havent had any bids, and he is genuinely injured.. You never know, it could be true?

Although he did describe it as a groin strain, thought it was a thigh?

I was p''d off cause i really want Ashton to stay, logic doesn''t come into it!! Pure emotion.I still think he''ll be off, i wish that the board or worthy, or the man himself would say whether he wanted to stay or not... If he does then the club should just make it clear that he''s not for sale for whatever money... If he gets us into the playoffs and possibly back up to the prem then the guy has far more value than any money we would receive that could be gambled on players that ''may'' do the job for us.We would reap the kind of money his sale would make just through going up.I vote we tie him down in a cupboard and bring him out on saturdays!!! :D

Having listened to "Talksport" on the way back from the match I heard the post match press conference.

Well done Nige, you certainly managed to annoy the media with your " he''s gone....he''s gone" comment.

Before the match the media had been asking why Deano had not been picked and the answer from the NCFC press office was " I am afraid I cannot comment, Mr Worthington will make a statement after the match......" Media puts two and two together and conclude that a transfer announcement will be made. Then to make the " he''s gone" waits a few  seconds then say " to hospital" referring to Rob Green.

I would have thought that one in Nige''s position would desire the support and help of the media instead of annoying them and alienating the club and, in the words of "Talksport",doing a Mourinho was certainly not a good idea for a man in his current predicament.

This rant, I''m afraid, is very much the same as many others that have gone before me and it can be easily rectified by the people who ''run'' the club......honesty, honesty, honesty....... I believe that we have long enjoyed a good relationship with the press and in one move tonight Mr Worthington not only managed to p off its own supporters but keeping us in the dark and allowing speculation and dismay to rattle round Carrow Road this afternoon (more talk about transfers than the game in hand) but also the media too.

One comment that made me smile prior to the match was someone asking if Ashton shirts were on special at the club shop.

On the ball city

Now this is getting silly!!  If the club came out and said "We didn''t want him cup tied you lot would believe it, instead they have come out and said he is injured and also  the board and management do not want him to go. Quite rightly they have not ruled out a "silly money bid" but THEY DO NOT want him to go! Why on earth do you not believe it?

I hope all those who accused Nigel of being a cheat and a liar   , are sorry that they did ?  all they did is absorb all the rumours   the old fishwives   cackle  on about , and jump  to some cockeyed conclusion !    

On the subject  of Deano`s  possible departure ,  whether we like it or not   , we have to  take on board the true face of football today !   a scenario  of greedy conniving agents ,  greedy conniving  club owners  ,  Russian ex commissars   laundering their black market money ,  contracts ? , don`t make them laugh !    just take a look at the  ugly kissers  of the new owners of ManU  , because  THAT  awful  scene   is what clubs like ours has to face up to .........

I believe Delia and co   DO have the best interests of the club at heart !   and , personally , I would sooner us play in league one  than have  a Russian crook  in charge !!

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]I was p''d off cause i really want Ashton to stay, logic doesn''t come into it!! Pure emotion.

I still think he''ll be off, i wish that the board or worthy, or the man himself would say whether he wanted to stay or not... If he does then the club should just make it clear that he''s not for sale for whatever money... If he gets us into the playoffs and possibly back up to the prem then the guy has far more value than any money we would receive that could be gambled on players that ''may'' do the job for us.

We would reap the kind of money his sale would make just through going up.

I vote we tie him down in a cupboard and bring him out on saturdays!!! :D
[/quote]  I believe that Worthy has said that he and the board do not want the player to leave but if someone comes in with a massive bid then they would have to consider it. 

There have been no statements coming out from Ashton or his agent, and they are probably the most important statements.  Our board are no different to any other club and as the old saying goes '' every player has his price''.  Did Man Utd want to loose Becham, did Everton want to lose Rooney, the answer is probably no, but these things happen in football.  I will leave the running of the club to the board, and I will concentrate on getting behind the team.

As a season ticket holder, I will be renewing my ticket because I want to watch Norwich City, they are, and always will be my team. I have watched them through the good times and through some really crap times, but at the end of the day I will always be there to support them.

Nice to see some sanity return to this thread!I have to admit that I assumed the worst when I heard Ashton wasn''t playing. I am relieved that the Board have, once again, been proved to have told us the truth.That''s the core of this for me. We sometimes feel that we''re not being told about every little piece of business - why should we be, if to make something public could damage the business in hand? What matters is that we can trust those statements we are given. To date I cannot think of a single instance where we have had an actual lie peddled to us by the current regime. What Delia, Nigel & other board members tell us invariably turns out to be nothing more than the plain, simple, truth. That counts for a lot with me and is one of the reasons I''ve continued to support the whole set-up at Norwich through these below-par times.To digress slightly, in my 30-odd years of following City, our natural position in the big scheme has been between 15th and 25th (to my mind) in English football - sometimes we''ve over-achieved, sometimes (as now) we''ve been below-par. We''re only about half-a-dozen places below my arbitrary niche of 15th - 25th and I hope to finish within this bracket by the end of the season. Even if we don''t, I''ll just have to accept it as one of those under-achieving seasons - not a strong enough case to throw my toys out of the pram and demand wholesale changes. I was ecstatic those times we finished above 15th in the top flight - this is just the flip side that you sometimes have to endure (not like, just endure). Had we stayed in the Prem 12 years ago we might have established ourselves a further 5 places up the ladder - it was not to be and we now face a much harder struggle to try and achieve this. It''s a struggle I believe we can win as long as we can keep a sense of perspective through poor times, as well as good.

Sheded wrote: I believe Delia and co   DO have the best interests of the club at heart !   and , personally , I would sooner us play in league one  than have  a Russian crook  in charge !!

I agree Sheded, I would rather have a Norwich cook than a Russian cook in charge.

[quote user="sheded"]

I hope all those who accused Nigel of being a cheat and a liar   , are sorry that they did ?  all they did is absorb all the rumours   the old fishwives   cackle  on about , and jump  to some cockeyed conclusion !    

On the subject  of Deano`s  possible departure ,  whether we like it or not   , we have to  take on board the true face of football today !   a scenario  of greedy conniving agents ,  greedy conniving  club owners  ,  Russian ex commissars   laundering their black market money ,  contracts ? , don`t make them laugh !    just take a look at the  ugly kissers  of the new owners of ManU  , because  THAT  awful  scene   is what clubs like ours has to face up to .........

I believe Delia and co   DO have the best interests of the club at heart !   and , personally , I would sooner us play in league one  than have  a Russian crook  in charge !!

[/quote]

The problem Sheded is that it''s got to the point where we don''t believe a word that''s coming out of the club.   How did it ever get to this point I wonder.   Even in the darkest days of Big Fat Bob, at least we knew where we stood - if a player was half decent we at least knew that he''d be on his way sooner rather than later - we''ve all grown accustomed to the "new regime" where the idea was to create a decent club with a solid squad capable of proving itself as a more than capable performer in the Premier League.

Where do we stand at the moment?   Well not where we should be obviously - we''re just off the play-off places (a lottery that may have nearly worked in our favour once before) and we have not a snowball''s chance in hell of sustaining any Premiership dream the way we are going at the moment.   If Etuhu is the limit of our aspirations, money or no money, then it clearly shows where this club is going in terms of ambition.

I''m more than happy to be proved wrong by the board & by Worthington about Ashton - I really hope that Ashton does stay with us - but if he does go, then I also want to see that any profit we make is invested wisely in players of quality not donkeys like Etuhu.

I''m sure that Delia does have the best interests of the club at heart, but even she has to see that their ill advised attempts at spin are starting to take their toll on supporters...

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Sheded wrote: I believe Delia and co   DO have the best interests of the club at heart !   and , personally , I would sooner us play in league one  than have  a Russian crook  in charge !!

I agree Sheded, I would rather have a Norwich cook than a Russian cook in charge.

[/quote]

LOL !   I can just imagine  the reaction  of the fans if they were served  Ushitsa pies  by a Russian  cook built like a brick sh*thouse  ... they would really have something to moan about ! 

Anyone else feel like the club is treating us like dummies?

I dunno ....... a lot of us are dummies.

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]

The problem Sheded is that it''s got to the point where we don''t believe a word that''s coming out of the club.  
[/quote]why not though? Please show the examples when the board have lied to the supporters. This same kind of stuff has been said for year, literally years. The board has continued to behave in exactly the same way. ie. keeping the best interests of the club uppermost and not pandering to supporters who want to know when Deano''s scratched his arse. I''m sick of it. The whole frenzied reaction yesterday over Deano was ridiculous.  How difficult is it to understand, the supporters, board and management want Deano to stay, however, if they receive a very large offer he will go. It''s not that complex and makes good business sense. Every player has his price.

" The problem Sheded is that it''s got to the point where we don''t believe a word that''s coming out of the club "

Nope, we''d rather believe some made up shite out of one of the toilet papers. We''d rather believe the lies and twists put about by our own more moronic fans.

We''d rather damn the club because it doesn''t want to dance to the tune of our own stupidity than put any trust in it.

We''d rather bleat out infantile twaddle about lack of ambition than actually raise our own thoughts processes beyond the level of a drowned flea.

Every single bit of whinging and whining from the anti-city snipers has proven to be false so here we are again with more condemnation of the club, the manager and the board posted up on the basis that as all other claims have been wrong they must be right on this one.

How on earth did the club I love and support drag in such a rabble of suffolk style snivellers.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

I can''t understand everyone being so p''d off.....what do you expect:

...if he is injured - what would we gain by telling the opposition that our "best" player is out?

...if he is being sold - it is bound to be a condition of sale that he didn''t play.

I just can''t really see why everyone is so displeased.

Re: season tickets and so on - I will renew, whoever we have in our side. Why?  I support my side.  If just because we might be selling one player means that you question this, then are you truly a supporter? Surely in the cold light of day you would rethink.

[/quote]

Nicely put Mr Branston.  Still, why would the whingers miss a half-chance of a good moan against a club they supposedly support....

Grow up kids, the football transfer market is BUSINESS and in business you don''t reveal the strength or weakness of your negotiatiating position before negotiations begin. EVER.If it was up to a lot of posters on this board, Worthy would be publicly announcing precisely how big his transfer kitty was and - hey presto - suddenly all his acquisition targets would leap in price.I for one am thankful that Worthy and the board play their cards close to their chests and go about their business with a bit of nous. Where transfers are concerned I want them to keep schtum about pretty much everything.

frankly, no. on the basis of the combined intelligence of the people on this board though, maybe they should.

surely having a press conference after the game is what is known as keeping the fans informed.