Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Show Support for Jarrett today

Assuming he plays, I hope everyone gives him some encouragement today - we need midfielders - he obviously can cut the mustard (Wigan and Plymouth) - give him a chance - we''ve seen so little so far - same goes for Etuhu.

Prediction today 2-1 (Etuhu & Ashton) and a rare progression in the FA Cup!

Couldnt agree more. The sooner the fans stop whinging about the likes of Etuhu, Jarrett and Hughes, and actually get behind them and give them the confidence to play at their best the better. After all, we want them to do well.. Dont we??

100% with you. We''re gonna need all of them to feel welcome and to respond well if Ashton''s leaving.Without the big man up front we need an effective midfield more than ever.

I went, i got behind everyone but etuhu was crap. Jarret was average but the best of the 3 in centre mid.

Jarrett and Etuhu were poor. Hendo gave it a go and Charlie did his best. However, this is the worst midfield that we''ve put out for many a game.

Matt Hudson, you say Etuhu was crap today. Were you watching the same game as me?? I thought Etuhu was one of our best players on the pitch today and he looked extremely comfortable on the ball compared to his performance against Preston. He started some promising attacks and succeeded in breaking them up aswell. Alright he lost the ball on a few occasions with a sloppy pass here and there but in relation to Jarrett and Charlton''s showing he was like a god.

Now i believe Etuhu has got off on the wrong foot with us and i think we will be seeing alot more of him as he starts to settle in. He had a shocking game against Preston and the fans are completely on his back after that. Now just give him a chance and don''t say he played crap when he had a good game just because you don''t like the look of him. It''s going to shatter the lads confidence.

Link,

No it wasn''t, I agree that Etuhu didn''t set the world alight but wasn''t as bad as is being made out on here and I thought that Jarrett looked good. I think we should give them time to see how they settle together. Considering we were playing a team that is faring pretty well in the Premiership and how depleted our squad is at the moment, this was a pretty promising performance. Thorne didn''t seem to be doing much however, but hasn''t exactly had a lot of first team experience lately.  

Actually, if there was a major weakness today it was our right wing/defence. Not being over critical but I thought that Jarvis did look out of his depth and West Ham were having no end of joy getting into our box on this side. 

[quote user="Damo for England"]

Matt Hudson, you say Etuhu was crap today. Were you watching the same game as me?? I thought Etuhu was one of our best players on the pitch today and he looked extremely comfortable on the ball compared to his performance against Preston. He started some promising attacks and succeeded in breaking them up aswell. Alright he lost the ball on a few occasions with a sloppy pass here and there but in relation to Jarrett and Charlton''s showing he was like a god.

Now i believe Etuhu has got off on the wrong foot with us and i think we will be seeing alot more of him as he starts to settle in. He had a shocking game against Preston and the fans are completely on his back after that. Now just give him a chance and don''t say he played crap when he had a good game just because you don''t like the look of him. It''s going to shatter the lads confidence.

[/quote]agree dicko was alot better today in favoured position rather than poor display right side versus PNE.On a few occasions bursting foward, almost looked like francis (when he played good for us)make no mistake, dicko will get better and better for city and prove a real asset for us.

I thought that there seemed to be potential in both of our central midfielders today, not looking too bad with Safri and Robinson considered when available. We need a right winger.

[quote user="Damo for England"]

[/quote]

Youre comparing his performanceyesterday, too the one against preston, yep i agree damo that he was better but i''m afraid donald duck could have done more than he did v przton. All he had to do yesterday was have 1 succesful pass and he was better. Etuhu is poor, wont improve and is a waste of money.

Hopefully Etuhu wont be in the team V watford. Jarret and charlton are better, so lets pray for someone better. I heard rumours hughes is back soon and will play with a mask, he''s certainly better than etuhu.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]Hopefully Etuhu wont be in the team V watford. Jarret and charlton are better, so lets pray for someone better. I heard rumours hughes is back soon and will play with a mask, he''s certainly better than etuhu.[/quote]agreed in a defensive 4-3-3 formation away from home, charlie has proved his worth playing left side.IMO charlie he is not as good as robbo, dicko or jarrett playing in the middle in a 4-2-2 or as we saw yesterday on the left wing.Have to disagree that hughes is the answer, he''s not upto the standard to play in a top 6 team.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

I went, i got behind everyone but etuhu was crap. Jarret was average but the best of the 3 in centre mid.

[/quote]

Sure you went?  Etuhu was one of our better players.  Why jump onto a witch hunt with a new player we have signed - remember how Safri was pilloried when he first played, Doherty was crucified etc...

Surely as a "fan" it is better to get behind your players than simply slag them off - if you are a "fan" that is?

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

[/quote]

Sure you went?  Etuhu was one of our better players.  Why jump onto a witch hunt with a new player we have signed - remember how Safri was pilloried when he first played, Doherty was crucified etc...

Surely as a "fan" it is better to get behind your players than simply slag them off - if you are a "fan" that is?

[/quote]

Come on Dicky I get the impression you can recognize good players and bad players surely - I challenge you to name a single position in the team (barring the Ashton who will be leaving sooner or later) that has been improved since promotion.

I do agree with you Dicky, players should be given at least 10-20 games before we judge them maybe longer.  Players like Bergkamp and Henry did very little in their first seasons at Arsenal.

I seem to recall to recall though Dicky you were a big part of the Doc''s crucifixion.  I am pretty sure you said after the Coventry game at the beginning of the season that the Doc was the worst player in the squad and Cr*p adding that it was a "FACT".

Doesn''t sound like something a "fan" would say to me. 

to be fair the doc is probably not premiership standard and would NEVER get away with the way he manhandles players in this division in the premiership - so in a way yes he was not a great signing fro us as a premiership team.  Fortunatly he has proven himself to be an exceptional championship performer.

So I feel Dicky was fair to critisize the signing at the time.

Bergkamp and Henry came from the italian league and football style therefor took time to adjust to the premiership which was faster and harder when they first arrived 6 or 7 years ago.

Dickson has looked lazy so far - it doesnt help his cause.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

So I feel Dicky was fair to critisize the signing at the time.

[/quote]

But Dicky was saying we "fans" should support players rather than criticise them.

I suppose my feeling is yes support the players buut no not the decision to sign them.  This season has been a hard one as after many of our premiership signings failed (and I was for the lot of them apart from Doherty - shows what I no [:(]). It kindof made me look a little more hesitantly at players being brought into the club and that we were attempting to sign.  This year i have been worried as every name is bandied about and as the players have arrived been even more worried.

I wish we would pick up a highly rated player they are their....

Can i please defend my comments i have made

Yes i am a fan, i  am a season ticket holder and have missed about 5 home games in 8 years and  have gone too enough away games as well. When he is on the pitch etuhu will lways be encouraged by me, i encourahe hendo and i would encourage tony blair if he was playing for us. the fact is that he isnt good enough, he was poor again and a waste of money. I havent got the stats, but he must of had 5 - 10 games already has he?, i cant remember but he''s done nothing bar 1 assist. Is this the way we should be spending what little cash we have?

Can i also add that if etuhu does well, has a good game i will be the first one to say right, well done, keep it going.