Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Poll Yes or No Linvoy Primus part of a pompey deal for Ashton

No - eighteen months ago it might have made sense, but he''s too old and not better than what we have. If we buy him we are taking  a problem off Portsmouth''s hands and I hope we pay nothing like we offered before.There seem a number of rumours that Ashton''s bound for Pompey for £7m, is Linvoy a player included in the deal?

NO - why do we want Primus? And WHY would Ashton want to go to Portsmouth, a team that will flirt with relegation for the rest of the season?!

Northern Canary that''s funny, you made me smile, always a useful attribute and especially as we bask in the utter predictability of being stuffed out of the FA Cup as soon as it starts yet again. And hey if Linvoy could keep goal too NW''d offer even more money plus Ashton!

Gotta say I felt sure I''d log back on Sat night to find Dean had already gone, so still my cynical heart. But as for Primus, surely his ''handy acquisition?'' moment has well passed hasn''t it? Certainly Flem can only be on his last run in the first team (espesh if we do somehow manage to go up - you got to have a dream), but with Shackell already on board it''d be stupid to splash money on a central defender, unless someone like Davenport. Bring back Steve Walford I say - whoops sorry slipped into a time warp there.

We do not need yet another old defender who has had more than his fair share of injuries.  Perhaps we can get Davenport on loan until the end of the season.

Definitely NO, ''Arry would weedle at least £400,000 for him as part of the deal and within 18 months because of his age he would be worthless. Also remember that he is on pretty good wages - when we expressed our interest last time he received a £3k per week pay rise to remain at Pompey so he would probably have to be made one of our top earners and (nice guy though he is) he just isn''t worth it.

Mark .Y.