Sign in to follow this  
Canuck Canary

parachute payments

yep the parachute payments are spread over two years.. I think the amount varies a little.. but should be somewhere between 6-7mill over two years...  3-31/2  each year or season whichvere

Welcome to the message board, Canuck Canary. Are you a Norfolk exile, or Canadian born and bred? I''d love to visit Canada one day. Ten years ago I had started to plan a trip to Vancouver and the Rockies, but ended up going to Australia instead, having spotted a good deal in a travel agent''s window. Anyway, one day in the not too distant future I shall be visiting your beautiful country - and that''s a promise.

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]

Welcome to the message board, Canuck Canary. Are you a Norfolk exile, or Canadian born and bred? I''d love to visit Canada one day. Ten years ago I had started to plan a trip to Vancouver and the Rockies, but ended up going to Australia instead, having spotted a good deal in a travel agent''s window. Anyway, one day in the not too distant future I shall be visiting your beautiful country - and that''s a promise.

[/quote]

thanks Stephen, i was born in Norwich but the family moved out to Calgary when i was about 4 or 5. My father was a huge NCFC fan so ive naturally followed the club my through out my life. I was in Norwich in Sept of 2001 however and paid my first visit to Carrow road to watch Norwich beat up on Burnley 2-1. Not only was i fortunate enough to witness a Norwich City victory but also a goal from Iwan Roberts!!! to make a long story short, ive bled green and yellow ever since.

If your ever out in Canada, make sure you make the trip from Vancouver to Calgary! it''s about a 20hr drive but if you spread the trip over a number of days you will see all the beauty Canada has to offer!!! 

[quote user="Northern Canary"]we better spend it on quality players this time[/quote]

As I think Doncaster mentioned earlier in the season the players still at the club from the prem days will continue to get prem wages for the two years of the parachute payments even though we got relegated - the divisional pay kicks in after the parachute payments finish.   With earners like Hux, Greeno and Ashton still here and many of the fringe boys too that £6m+ wont go too far.

I am pretty confident that the parachute payment, like this summer, wont go very far at all for player purchases.

OTBC