Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

The Boxing Day Watershed

Boxing Day will surely be a watershed in our season.

It wouldn''t be had we not won the last two games, but we did.

It is the prelude to a large number of games in a short space of time.

A positive result and no additional injuries and it is Burnley at home and a chance to really go on a run. Can you imagine the anticipation ahead of that game following three wins?

A negative result and the recent self belief may take a serious knock as our ''run of results'' comes to another end.

I wonder if a decision on Ashton has not yet been made. If we had a sudden points accumilation then the board might yet decide to gamble on rejecting big offers or even add to the squad.

One game at a time of course; but to do something against Colin''s over-performing workhorses would spark our self belief into new territory.

Norwich have put themselves into a situation where the Boxing Day game is suddenly very significant because of the potential springboard it might provide to a poor season.

This is a cup final. Best wishes to those who will be going to support.

It is a massive game.  I''m not expecting us to go up there and win it.  Sheff Utd is a bloody hard place to go, especially this season.  It''ll be the performance that is important.  If we can perform like we did against Southampton; fantastic.  However, if we have a Wolves, QPR esque performance; we are back to square 1

yeh i agree this is a big game for us. i think if we just avoid defeat, that will be enough to really boost the confidence, and really make this a proper run. a win would be fantastic, but im not going to start thinking about that.

Does anyone know how many we are taking to Bramall?  My ticket for the first time in several seasons is in the lower tier, so I don''t know whether the upper is sold out, or the club have altered the seating arrangements?

Hopefully we will take a few to make it an excellent Boxing Day atmosphere. 

For the management team its a win win game.   If they lose they can rightly say they are second in the league, we are away from home and historically Bramall Lane rarely does us any favours - the only issue for fans will be if the performance is another away day no show from the team.  It willmean more pressure on getting a good result next Weds at home to Burnley.

A draw is commendable and a very positive result for the very reasons that a loss is not problematical, and a win would suggest that the team are finally performing to the ability that they have.  A win will mean huge over expectation of a home win against Burnley and is the only downside I can see.

Wins alround for whatever the result on Monday.

OTBC