Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Ipswich fan on Wigan's progress

They remind me of Burley''s Ipswich

Great football, very entertaining to watch and inspired tactical changes and substitutions.

Can you imagine:

Norwich fan on Sunderlands progress:

They remind me of Worthy''s norwich

Workmanlike football, dreary to watch with inept tactics and mind boggling substitutions

I apologise for this one - but it does humour some very worrying points

Does that mean Wigan will crash and burn next season, go into admin and possibly never recover with huge debts weighing them down,

On the other hand, Sunderland will be back, I would think.

See, I can put a glass half-full spin on any depressing posts ;-)

[quote user="Amarillo"]

See, I can put a glass half-full spin on any depressing posts ;-)

[/quote]

LOL Amarillo - are you Joe Ferrarri in disguise?![:D]

OTBC

[quote user="morty"]Just remind me mate, you are a City fan, aren''t you?[/quote]

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=911&p=16&style=1&forumId=6491&action=1&replytoid=2124492102

Im a city fan of course - just making a point.  Worthy is thick. 

I still cant getout of my head that god awful diamiond formation he played last season untill we got thrashed at liverpool.

As i remember we beat some crap team 1 nil through a safri wonder goal and were dire against them and then he picked the same team and tactics for liverpool away and we got thrashed with a similarly dire performance.  I guess we would have lost no matter how we played or what formation.  I just remember watching the match thinking my god if we play this formation against them we are gonna get destroyed..   and who and behold it happened.

Why is he always the last to realise on so many points??   I guess at least he is not so blinkered as to not realise - it just takes him some time....

I assume that when he''s reminiscing about Burley''s Ipswich, he''s remembering the absolute craziness like signing Finidi George on £35,000 a week etc that has lead to their current dire financial situation. That seems to have been overlooked in everyone''s rush to deify dribbly George.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Sheepshanks decided how much to pay finidi.. not Burley

jas :)

[/quote]

But Burley wanted him....

Silly Burley.

and Worthington wanted Hucks.. it just shoes which clubs board and chairman arent going mad on money isnt it... we could easily of paid Hucks the same he was on at Man city, not gone up, and ended up like Ipswich.. but the club saw sense.. Sheepshanks however, is a fool for not being sensible.

jas :)

I don''t seem to remember Burley complaining too much at the time. I''ve already stated on this forum that I think Burley is/was a good manager but I occasionally think that he is being built up to be some sort of superman that would be the end to all our worries when, quite simply, he has also made some huge balls ups.   

Because, whatever anybody says, ips*** are in the state they are now as a direct result of the Burley era. I don''t know the technicalities and who exactly is responsible for what, but that is a simple fact. 

Does this mean Wigan are going into Europe and out of the Premiership next season?  Only to be stuck without money!?

Actually, that wouldn''t work, that JJB guy pumps money into them like its going out of fashion.

The main difference is this:

Wigan         Big Spenders of JJB guy''s money

Ips*it           Big spenders of loanded money

Norwich      Sensible spenders of fan''s money

Sunderland  Crap

OTBC!

Chunky