Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Worthy linked with young non entities

After getting his fingers burned by buying over the hill failures.  Worthy turns his attentions to Mansfield and Tottenham (never heard of them youngsters) according to PU (read today).

Maybe change of transfer policy that might come off, seems Worthy is expanding the squad size at last if the above is true.  But do they have the quality? to improve the squad.  

i think we''ll hear him deny them rumours pretty soon. but, you never know. i might be wrong. wouldn''t mind us buying a few promising youngsters though. but a few older heads are needed. (but no too old)

"Worthington is also said to be preparing another approach to Tottenham _ having availed himself of Dean Marney and Calum Davenport already this season - this time for young striker Mark Yeates, although the 20-year-old is currently on a season-long loan at Colchester United.

The Dubliner has scored once in 23 starts for Colchester but usually plays on the flanks."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Worthy is looking for another striker to play on the wings!!!!!!!!  will he ever learn!!!!!!!!!! And he is a left winger too!!  what a crock of s***

The spurs youngsters record looks disappointing so hardly inspires optimisim but in all honesty who of us know anything about him?

Coke I have heard of and is a bright prospect and is the type of players we should be looking to sign.  At hsi age and experience he should not be our ONLY midfield purchase as the expectation would be too much, but him to bolster the painfully thin midfield ranks and a more experienced playmaker of sorts would be perfect new year presents.

OTBC 

"Worthy is looking for another striker to play on the wings!!!!!!!!  will he ever learn!!!!!!!!!! And he is a left winger too!!  what a crock of s***"

And the proof he is ACTUALLY interested in, and genuinely considering buying these players is...?

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

"Worthy is looking for another striker to play on the wings!!!!!!!!  will he ever learn!!!!!!!!!! And he is a left winger too!!  what a crock of s***"

And the proof he is ACTUALLY interested in, and genuinely considering buying these players is...?

[/quote]

One thing i will give the pinkun - when they claim worthy is interested in a player - be it crouch, morrison, Ashton, the 2 wba got etc they tend to be right.  I gather we have had the mansfield guy scouted.

Link has said it best.. whats wrong with our younguns?

Yeats is awful! he struggles to make an impact for colchester so wont do anything for us.. an ideal worthy signing then!

as for coke.. i can imagine the headlines should he sign.. "Nowich in Coke Deal" "worthy takes Coke" "Coke to give Norwich liftoff"... it could go on!

jas :)

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

hasnt been so far??  why would worthy change the policies of a lifetime??

[/quote]

Have you heard about Dean Ashton? Worthy signed him you know, along with some good young prospects (Davenport, Bentley, Marney) on loan.  Try and keep up please.

There is nothing wrong with our reserves , other than Worthy seems not to rate them,  we dont actually seem to have any midfielders coming through the ranks.  Spillane is the one but despite the midfield crisis he did not make the bench and Rossi J is more a defender from what I understand.

Worthy buying a youngster means he may actually play him rather than letting them rot in the reserve without developing them.  

Any midfielder at the moment would be good - and on with some league experience would be good too - we dont have enough and I can see any problem in buying in a talented youngster to boost the squad.  It has not hurt arsenal to do that has it?

I would like to see El-agouri (spelling - apologies) given a game as he seems a hot prospect, (as do the Jarvis bros, spillane, cave-brown, Chris Martin and especially Joe Lewis) but without some small amount of first team exposure how can any youth player develop or their potential be assessed?  

Can anyone see worthy giving a young player a sustained chance, like Lewis Price has for Tahn? 

OTBC

Coke would be a good player, i have high hopes for him. Not so convinced about Yeates (1 goal in 20, didnt exactly inspire me) but i think he''d be worth a shot on loan for a couple of months.

i think coke would be a good signing, highly rated goalscoring midfielder exactly what we havent got in our academy.

Also at the academy match, el ouargi was crap. The best youngsters i understand are Cave-brown, a  full back who plays at youth level for scotland, Martin, a pacey striker who can play in midfield, great touch and ball control, Joe Lewis - highly rated england youth keeper. The other is Spillanne who isn''t a midfielder, he is a towering centre half who impressed v Chelsea.

Coke looks good so i would like us to sign him. but its dissapointing when we have a quite good youth team that we are buying Yeates (one goal in 23 games) instead of playing some of our youth. As someone else said i would like to see Asmal el Ouragui(?!?) play