Sign in to follow this  
charlies dad

Reserves thrashed !!

Just got back from the second string match at a frozen Carrow Road. Along with 770 hardy souls, hoping to see the reserves put on a performance. I certainly saw a performance, unfortunately, it was charlton who performed!!  To be fair, the Londoners fielded a very strong side, wioth Rommedahl, Lisbie, fortune, Euell, Johansson and sorondo to name but a few, also Matt Holland in midfield. I reply, the likes of Ward, colin, charlton, Brennan, Henderson and Mckenzie interperced with the usual youngsters promised a competitive game. After a tight opening, a bad error from Cave Brown sent Rommedahl racing down the wing, Spillane gamely gave chase, but the Dane crossed for Lisbie to tap in. 1-0. Not much else of note happened in a dull opening period. The second half began withmckenzie, who had undergone lengthy treatment eralier on, failing to reappear, probably not surprising as he hasnt played in months, and hopefully nothing to do with the heavy knock which he did appear to run off. A bad error by Ward let in a low Johannson shot for number two, and soon after Lisbie showed some surprising power and committment to slam home a third. This was the prelude for Lisbie to throw himself into the game, in search of a hat trick, but after a shot more in keeping with the Lisbie we all know, he was subbed. I confess with icicles forming on my noseI decided with 6 minutes to go enough was enough, and left the ground. Having seen not one efort of note from the Canaries, i reasoned that the chance of a goal to lighten the evening was remote. To sum up, Ward was unimpressive, Brennan went through the motions, Colin did ok, Mckenzie charged around and,  as i said earlier, took a hefty whack. Hopefully, the score didnt alter after i left, if it did, im certain ot wouldnt have changed in our favour. Final score 3-0 (I hope).   

Good report once again. You lasted a lot longer than Gazza and me. We left when the second goal went in, as a port and brandy was calling from the pub!

We happened to look at the scoreboard and saw it was 3 nil as we were walking up the road.

charlies dad highlights an issue that worries me - goalkeepers. Whilst we seemingly have too many, I do not believe that we have any good back up options to Greeno. IMO Ward''s decision making aint up to much and is prone to mistakes, Gallacher cant kick / control back passes and Lewis is still too young. Greeno''s departure in Jan, should it happen, could cost us badly. I wouldnt be happy to see us continue without replacing Greeno - thoughts anyone?

That was a truly awful game. Remind me not to waste my time at a reserves fixture until - let''s see, January - when Spurs 2nd string come to town.

Good report again CD,

Isn''t it an absolute injustice to see a player of Matt Holland''s capabilities running around in the reserves?

He has either lost form drastically or fallen out with Curbishley to explain such a situation  I feel.

I reckon he would do well for us. Wonder if anyone from our side "had a word" with him last night ?

Thanks lads. Re. the goalkeeping situation,i feel Gallacher is a better keeper than Ward, who went down in stages for the second goal, which was eminently saveable, but as Ward usually takes the spot on the benchm i think he is in pole position, somewhat worryingly. I heard Holland summarising on radio 5 on sunday night and he mentioned the game, apparently he has been out with an injusry for 4 weeks, and was looking to top up his fitness for the Christmas period.