Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Two things to worry me in the pinkun this morning

Dickson Etuhu permanent move just needing rubber stamping - if ever a player looks like he knows that he doesn''t have to do much cos the deal is done, he''s the one, so goodness knows what he''ll be like when he signs.

Secondly, the £3m Dean Ashton - so is this the ''enticing'' offer that we''ll accept. Great business.

I just aint sure about Etuhu..  Hopefully he will prove himself in the next few matches.

Paul, you really should calm down, the Pinkun says ''calls concerning the availability of his £3m striker''. Thats the price we paid for him not whats being offered. Its been on record that the club have already turned higher bids so why do you think they would except £3M? 

I have to say it''s starting to irritate me - the number of posts made EVERY day picking up Worthington on things he hasn''t even said or done yet. It''s just whinging for the sake of whinging, which is not only pathetic, but also counter productive.

[quote user="I. Shurmer"]I have to say it''s starting to irritate me - the number of posts made EVERY day picking up Worthington on things he hasn''t even said or done yet. It''s just whinging for the sake of whinging, which is not only pathetic, but also counter productive.
[/quote]

"Secondly, the £3m Dean Ashton - so is this the ''enticing'' offer that we''ll accept. Great business."

As mentioned paul, we paid £3 Million for Dean, hence why he has been described as the £3 Million Dean Ashton. If we accepted that for him, there would be a riot.

Not all fans, i am not sure on him but alot of the people arund me (city stand, thorpe area)  think he will be a waste of money, just like robinson who is crap.

I thought Etuhu was very good when he came on on saturday, even got a few attemptts on goal, i''m sure that like Robinson, he''ll be a great addition when adapted and settled in, it takes a long time for some players.

I dont get the impression that Etuhu (or Robinson,for that matter) has improved anything on or off the pitch.I concur wholeheartedly with the original poster - I made the point on these boards after the Derby game a couple of weeks ago that he is playing like a man who knows he has nothing to prove because he knows he is guaranteed a move.

Neither player has done anything to suggest they are better than the players that we already have as potential teammates for the excellent Safri in midfield and to sign either of them permanently would show exactly how much ambition the club really have for an immediate return to the top flight...

We need serious changes in our midfield - Etuhu, Hughes, Robinson and Jarrett simply aren''t good enough. All workhouses with no skill or flair whatsoever; they''re not even effective as workhorses, in the way that Holty was in our Championship season.

Link I agree with you on hughes - it was clear from Day 1 he had limited impact on a game and has got steadily worse since then and I have seen more than enough to guess the first impression was right.

For Etuhu, Robinson and JJ the jury is still out for me.  None have had many games but all have had good games and poor games.  JJ can clearly perform better (and is doingso at Plymouth), robinson has done so consistently with both pompey and the mackems while etuhu may be anything yet but has performed well for the lilywhites in the past.  The purchases are not poor, all have a decent track record in this league ( as do all our squad so living in the prem really does not apply) it is how they are used and inspired that is the problem.

This is where I blame the manager for not getting the best out of players - all three are proven performers yet look distinctly average for us.  One player could be an attitude problem with the player - with so many players (MLJ, Thorne (right wing still staggers me) JJ, Robinson, Etuhu, Ashton) something elseis the cause and the answer can only be with the management and coaching staff.

OTBC