Sign in to follow this  
Nobodys Perfect

Kids for a quid.

When the club first started the Kids For A Quid stuff several years ago now, certain members of the East Anglian fraternity, (specifically Ipswich fans who were riding high at the time), mocked, claiming it was the only way that we could attract a crowd for a dull cup game on a cold winters evening.Now that we have full houses for practically all home games, I suggest that the idea paid off big time.Perhaps several of the youngsters who were taken along still go to full price games. perhaps they are, or will be , season ticket holders of the future. The pathetic crowd that turned up at ''Boro last night against Blackburn, where I believe two main stands were closed, was in part due to ''Boro not lowering prices.We had kids for a quid against Northampton this year and had 20,000+. Surely by offering youngsters a cheap seat, it will introduce new young fans to the club, some of whom will want to continue to go. It must also introduce new adult supporters, especially women, who have to accompany the children. It would be very interesting to know how many of you out there took, and continue to take, advantage of the Norwich scheme and have a son or daughter who have become full time, and hopefully for the club, long term supporters because of this scheme. I strongly believe that one reason for our fantastic ticket sales is Kids For A Quid. (And a very good sales team of course!)

It was lowered ticket prices that allowed me to take my young children to Carra Rud for the first time and they were immediately hooked; now they''re teenagers, they''re still going to matches.

I think that Boro must have the worst set of home supporters in the country - their ground is always empty, whoever they''re playing!

when i started going with my dad in the 1991/92 season they didnt have kids for a quid sadly.. so it often meant paying quite a high price for the 2 of us to go to games... (didnt have a season ticket till 92/93)...

i have had a season ticket every season since and im glad they have bought kids for a quid now... as it boost the attendances and means that Children are the next fans of Norwich city on the future.. also, with good prices for under 12''s it means children can have their own season ticket regularly.. perhaps being bought by a parent or easily being saved for with Pocket money

jas :)