Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

captain

with captain clapper out, and Fleming looking like he will be repalced by Shackell, with Saf going to the ANC who would be a good captain ? I believe that Hucks may get the band, but i dont see him as a leader. Thoughts anyone?

i dont see hucks as a leader and thats whre i think our prblem lies.. we dont have any leaders o the pitch.. no one who can slag off, encourage, and be vocal... when the heads drop you need somone who can lift the players and we dont have that.

in the past we had Iwan, Malky, Holty, all known "shouters" who i believe did the job with some success....

If i had to pick anyone in the current squad id pick shacks... he organises the defence and keeps them in a line.

jas :)

The Doc would make a good skipper; being a centre back, he can see everything in front of him. In addition, he leads by example, always getting stuck in. He''s also quite vocal on the pitch, encouraging others.

I''d like to see deano given the armband, i know its not easy to lead from the front but he has all of the Shearer type qualities needed to be a good captain and is clearly well respected by the rest of the squad, even so, we dont know what goes on behind the scenes, we dont know whos the best when it comes to team spirit in the dressin room or training ground.

''m not hugely bothered, peoplecan organise whichever ''bank of four'' theyre in withot having an armband.

Whatever happens, dont give it to the lazy one without a position, please

[quote user="LinkNR9"]The Doc would make a good skipper; being a centre back, he can see everything in front of him. In addition, he leads by example, always getting stuck in. He''s also quite vocal on the pitch, encouraging others.[/quote]

Id have to say the Doc as well. I think Shackell would make a good captain in time, but a bit too young, and injured, right now.

Although since when has Drury not been captain? Or is he the "club captain"?

The position of club captain is not key for me - its a figurehead role so Doc, Hux or Green are the likely candidates. 

As has been said before I would like to have 3 or 4 leaders on the pitch taking ownership for the teams performance and driving the players around them.   Sadly those personalities do not seem to be being brought into the club by the manager.

OTBC

[quote user="Beno27"]

Whatever happens, dont give it to the lazy one without a position, please

[/quote]

I am slowly beginning to beleive that that lazy one did more to get us promoted than a certain manager.  I mean Andy Hughes is a player he has admired for some time!!!! [:O]

Weve tried virtually everyone, hucks, hughes, drury, safri, fleming etc. we need stability so it should be a first team regular but it needs to be someone who is in the position to do it. Therefore doherty or drury should be the captain. I would also say that if shackel became a regualr he would be a good captain for the future.