Sign in to follow this  
eio

Crewe's sell on fee

If Ashton were to move on I was always under the impression that Crewe recieved 20% of any sell on fee.

However, a Crewe friend reckons is 20% of any profit from a sale - anyone know for sure?

The sell on clause normally only kicks in for money over the original transfer price. I.E. if we sold him for 5 million, then Crewe would recieve 20% of the 2 million above the original transfer price.

However lets hope we don''t sell him and make that play-off place!

I am very concerned that in the end we will not make a big profit on ashton if he goes. If we sell him for 8 million a 20% fee would be 1.6 million, add the 3 million and it is 4.6, then there is wages. i also believe that the fee will be payed in installments which could lead to next to no profit being made on him straight away

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

I am very concerned that in the end we will not make a big profit on ashton if he goes. If we sell him for 8 million a 20% fee would be 1.6 million, add the 3 million and it is 4.6, then there is wages. i also believe that the fee will be payed in installments which could lead to next to no profit being made on him straight away

[/quote]

I too thought it was 20% of any profit but perhaps someone else can recall with a bit more clarity.

If, and it''s a big if, Norwich could get  sniff of the play offs then there is no reason to expect Ashton to go anywhere. He certainly doesn''t seem the type to rock the boat and will surely only gain in value. It would be like cashing your endowment policy in early to sell him at this stage, except...if we need to balance the squad and bring in more players how else are we to raise the necessary revenue?

Ashton is under contract for a long time, he was happy to sign such a contract and seems settled. The other question is, if the Club received a massive offer which they couldn''t refuse would Ashton agree in his part to a move as all parties need to agree.

Sheffield away is the big one, make no mistake. I don''t agree it is a win-win for the club because of ready made excuses; it is a game we need to get a result and performance out of in order to feel something is possible still this season.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

If, and it''s a big if, Norwich could get  sniff of the play offs then there is no reason to expect Ashton to go anywhere. He certainly doesn''t seem the type to rock the boat and will surely only gain in value. It would be like cashing your endowment policy in early to sell him at this stage, except...if we need to balance the squad and bring in more players how else are we to raise the necessary revenue?

Ashton is under contract for a long time, he was happy to sign such a contract and seems settled. The other question is, if the Club received a massive offer which they couldn''t refuse would Ashton agree in his part to a move as all parties need to agree.

Sheffield away is the big one, make no mistake. I don''t agree it is a win-win for the club because of ready made excuses; it is a game we need to get a result and performance out of in order to feel something is possible still this season.

[/quote]

I do believe that ashton will stay, although i am just worried that if the unthinkable happend it wouldnt be as good f nancially as we all think.