Sign in to follow this  
CRAFTY CANARY

Next Seasons Away Kit.URGH!!!!!!!!

Change of Discussion for you all.From the person who told you Carl Robinson was coming here but long before it happened.Next seasons away kit it seems will be PURPLE.Yes thats right PURPLE. The Lotus Logo should be going and is being replaced probably with new sponsor on away Shirt THE LINK.No doubt someone will make a joke on that one somehow?

Watch This Space.

O.T.B.C.

i have it on good authority that FlyBe will be our new sponsor.

they fly from Birmingham, and sponsor them, they fly from Exeter and sponsor them.... both the brum and the Grecian fans make savings on holidays by presenting their season ticket.... which im sure would happen here.. and as we have "travel Norwich City" its a ready made office to book Flybe flights from, or for them to move into....

I also knew about the Lotus/proton deal before it was announced... i can remember at an open day the club announcing a "huge sponsorship deal" and that they werent allowed to reveal who it is... i was sorely tempted to put my hand up and ask "just how much are proton cars giving us then",

it couldnt of been that closely guarded a secret as i found out in the Barclay before the end of the 2002/3 season

jas :)

I agree with getting sponsors on shirts- its a good way of raising funds. But I dont see why teams muck about with designs that much. I havent liked a lot of our away kits, I say keep ''em green!!!

I hate the current green away strip, always have. I dislike the cursed current hope strip too with the torn collar look which makes you wear a tee shirt underneath.

It is about time Norwich had a decent strip made up. It is difficult to understand how yellow can look so dour on the pitch when it should have a luminosity like Brazils yellowy /gold.

I hope Delia isn''t getting Bruce Oldfield to design it again, that all yellow kit was rank from the fabric to the design.

Purple might actually look good, like Greeno''s former kit but almost anything has to be an improvement.

I''m sure that our away kit is not helping the players, because trying to pick out a player in a split-second isn''t easy when the strip is the same colour as the grass!

I understand that Real Madrid (and many other teams) picked white as their team colour in order to make each other highly visible; if we had white with a touch of purple in there somewhere, that would improve things, I''m sure. 

Oh  how I agree with Rudolph about the awful current strip - home and away - with the terrible collar!  I am still proudly wearing the promotion home strip, and will keep doing so until there is a better version.

I think LinkNR9''s point about the invisibility of players in the away strip is a good one - particularly in evening games.  Perhaps if the players could see each other we would get more away wins!

A neighbour who is a season-ticket holder in the City stand says that from where he sits - near the pitch (players-eye-view height), the new home strip makes players hard to pick out against all the fans in the Jarrold stand wearing yellow shirts - too much yellow and not enough green.

What with the awful strip and gruesome grey photos on the programmes we were doomed from the start this season!  Almost anything has to be better.

I hate both the new strips...  the old lotus away strip was cool the new one a bit crap.   The current home kit is terrible and the first i havent bought in ages - what a terrible collar.

A purple/white away kit could be cool!! I remember the purple away one when we had the green Flecky Kit (Bowen on the back!!)

Our away kit back in the day was always red shirts and socks with black shorts, that looked pretty smart. I hope the club don''t go down the route of many other Div 1 teams and have sponsors all over the shirt and shorts, it just looks terrible.

We did have a purple kit before as change to our sicky one (UEFA Cup run) and I thought it was pretty good - but I dont remember us ever wearing it competitively - does anyone know if we did ?

We also (either season before or after) had a blue tartan shirt as our away kit - we wore it once - does anyone remember who we played when  we wore it ?

[quote user="Marmite"]Our away kit back in the day was always red shirts and socks with black shorts[/quote]

Black shorts? The away strip was all-red for years and years; I think we should go back to that.

I thought our away colours were always green and white? Can''t be sure though.

As for the tartan away shirt Maverick mentioned, I remember us wearing it when we beat Wolves 2-0 during Martin O Neill''s brief spell in charge. And I''m sure I recall the team wearing the purple and white one from a season review video. Not sure who against!

[quote user="Marmite"]Our away kit back in the day was always red shirts and socks with black shorts, that looked pretty smart. I hope the club don''t go down the route of many other Div 1 teams and have sponsors all over the shirt and shorts, it just looks terrible.[/quote]

dross...we have had 2 red away kits for a total of 3/4 seasons (hardly back in the day)....traditionally our away kit was always white and green as it should still be.

i remember the tartan away kit we had back around 93. Now thats a strange one!! Didnt we have a red one?? I dont think any other team has had as many away styles and colours as us

[quote user="Chris Proctor"]i remember the tartan away kit we had back around 93. Now thats a strange one!! Didnt we have a red one?? I dont think any other team has had as many away styles and colours as us[/quote]

I''ve still got my blue tartan shirt, really like that one!!

Anything would be an improvement on the current green effort...Have we won a game in it yet? Cant be easy to pick your teammates out in it, if they are disguised as the pitch.

All white with green/black trim would be the way forward for me...

I liked the all white kit we had a few years back. The all red kit we had in the playoff year was also quite nice. Whatever, I don''t want another dark green again ever just doesn''t look right. Black might be alright and would probably look very smart with the Lotus badge on it.

[quote user="there''s only one Dean Coney"]

[quote user="Marmite"]Our away kit back in the day was always red shirts and socks with black shorts, that looked pretty smart. I hope the club don''t go down the route of many other Div 1 teams and have sponsors all over the shirt and shorts, it just looks terrible.[/quote]

dross...we have had 2 red away kits for a total of 3/4 seasons (hardly back in the day)....traditionally our away kit was always white and green as it should still be.

Yeah alright, calm down there.

I remember the purple one from the early 90s being worn in a league cup match against Torquay. That was in the days when we only wore the away kit when playing another team in yellow.