Sign in to follow this  
Ealing Canary

Bare bones

Just read the article on the Pink''un about the squad being down to the bare bones (again) and I see that both Shackell and Etuhu are doubts due to having the flu.

Now unless I''m missing something here, why on earth don''t the club give all players the flu jab?! Is there something in the flu jab that is deemed to be illegal by the random drug testers?

Come on - you know what us blokes are like  - its probably only  heavy cold, the flu jab does not work on those - for a pampered footballer its probably just a dribbly nose[;)]

Real flu is a nightmare and they will probably be out for 10 days or so.

OTBC

Sorry, nearly resisted the urge but couldnt stop myself - is it bird flu for the young canaries?   I''ll get my coat.. 

RSS feed

City down to the bare bones
The words “bare” and “bones” crossed City manager Nigel Worthington''s mind today as he pondered his options ahead of the Boxing Day trip to Sheffield United.

Well, who''s bloody fault is this then Worthy?

You might as well fail to buy everyone in your family Christmas presents and then blame the lack of items on a fictional saint.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Come on - you know what us blokes are like  - its probably only  heavy cold, the flu jab does not work on those - for a pampered footballer its probably just a dribbly nose[;)]

Real flu is a nightmare and they will probably be out for 10 days or so.

OTBC

Sorry, nearly resisted the urge but couldnt stop myself - is it bird flu for the young canaries?   I''ll get my coat.. 

[/quote]

LOL! I heard that bird flu isn''t that bad anyway, it just makes you feel a bit peckish...

Sorry, stole that one from Soccer AM!

Wright and davenport gone, jarret not yet back, mckenzie cant start, hughes, shackell, Ryan Jarvis and louis jean all out, etuhu, thorne and brennan all doutful. in a worst case scenario we aint gonna have many outfield players

Colin (wippee), doherty, fleming, Charlton (god help us), drury, Rossi J, Henderson (no-one likes him it seems), safri (not 4 long), Robinson (rather not), Hucks, Ashton, Mcveigh.

12 outfield players, (2/3 of them are useless, safs about to leave us, 2 youngsters) + 4 goalkeepers! perhaps lewis could play outfiled like he did in the youth match.

If it''s man-flu, it''s serious. If he''s had to give up the TV remote control, then he could be out for weeks!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

RSS feed

City down to the bare bones
The words “bare” and “bones” crossed City manager Nigel Worthington''s mind today as he pondered his options ahead of the Boxing Day trip to Sheffield United.

Well, who''s bloody fault is this then Worthy?

You might as well fail to buy everyone in your family Christmas presents and then blame the lack of items on a fictional saint.

[/quote]

What do you mean, "fictional"...? Surely you''re not suggesting...

Too right though, it''s Worthy''s fault that players are injured! Not. (It was no small coincidence that the year we got promoted was our best in the last 10 in terms of injuries to key players....)