Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Hands up who's jealous of Southampton this morning?

Proven quality manager irrespective of drink allegations...   [Y]

OTBC

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]Me! [Y][/quote]

Not me at all! The whole Clive Woodward, Milan Mandric thing I find a bit wacky and sinister, I''d lay money on Burley not lasting the season.

Fair point Morty - as a city fan I am jealous of Saints having a proven manager despite his limitations;  I am not jealous of saints fans having to put up with rupert lowe (a twin for sheep shanks in many ways) and his bizarre ideas and agree that combinatuion may see burley with yet another pay off come the summer!

Not sure what mandaric (pompey) and woodward (soton) get up to in their own time but if you would care to share more... 

OTBC 

Green DD, absobloodylutely green mate.

Having said that, he''s gone to the worst  possible club he could go to, so he may be available again in January!.

Not me.......i will be surprised if he lasts the season there too..............can someone tell me what he is proven at? He had two good seasons down the road and that is it. He lost more play-off games than any other manager and took that other team to the brink of extinction with the help of the chairman. ( And he signed Andy Marshall

Burley fell out with the Hearts Chairman because of "irreconcilable differences" and interference in team affairs. Burley working with Woodward? Not a chance. If things don''t go well from the off, Burley will leave next July. Even if it does work out, Burley would never have come here anyway, and we currently don''t have a vacancy. I''d rather get Dave Bassett to get some passion back in the team.

[6]Not me !  Burley has a good CV  , but comes with some baggage ...  not known  for getting along with club owners , so I can see some snot flying  down there  if he gets  frustrated  .

I`ll be watching the fortunes of Sotn with interest , what we have here  is the role model  that the Worthy outers have been going on about , a struggling team ,  and a manager they approve of  ,fresh on the premises ...        will  the WO`s   get a boost  to their mantra  ,  or will it all go tits up  , so that  the   KTF`s  can have a good session  of jeering  ?  

I didn`t know Burley  " liked " his  wee dram , good start that ! [:D]

His teams have always played good football. He has always broughht youth through well barring his second season in the premiership he has always signed well. And hell we thougt marshall was good and we saw him weeek in week out

Team From To Games Won Lost Drawn

Hearts 30-06-2005 21-10-2005 12 9 1 2

Derby 31-03-2003 07-06-2005 107 39 43 25

Ipswich 28-12-1994 11-10-2002 409 185 127 97

Colchester 01-06-1994 24-11-1994 20 8 7 5

burley played 548 won 241 lost 178 drew 129

worthy played 379 won 143 lost 145 drew 91

Im jealous... but you never no worthy may sort it out in january.. lets hope we arent left without the best asset we got from being in the premiership

Jealous of having a chase/sheppshanks type figure as chairman in rupert lowe? NO NO NO NOJealous of having cockney motormouths wise and bassett sorting it behind the scenes? NO NO NOJealous of having ex-england rugby supremo and legend woodward learning the footy ropes and sticking his oar in? NO NOJealous of having aging and average squad (apart from walcott) NO Jealous of having burley as manager? YES!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Fair point Morty - as a city fan I am jealous of Saints having a proven manager despite his limitations;  I am not jealous of saints fans having to put up with rupert lowe (a twin for sheep shanks in many ways) and his bizarre ideas and agree that combinatuion may see burley with yet another pay off come the summer!

Not sure what mandaric (pompey) and woodward (soton) get up to in their own time but if you would care to share more... 

OTBC 

[/quote]

Doh! Got confuddled between Pompey staff and Saints staff, they swap so much I forget who''s where!!

Burley has never really had a problem with authority, he''s just worked with some complete morons in his time.

And he seems to want to continue that trend, taking the job as Rupert''s plaything.

But this is a great litmus test of Burley''s credentials. If he can be successful at Saints, or at least gets them playing great football before he leaves, in my view it will prove what we have missed out on.

And I do think we''ve missed out on a football man, with great coaching skills and top scouting abilities.

No, though I have a fondness for him because he helped ITFC crash and burn.

Funny, I remember, in (I think) the year we made the play-offs, having ITFC fans bend my ear about how Burley had taken the club as far as he could, how he bought the wrong players, about his poor substitutions, etc etc.....

Not in the slightest - there''ll be tears at bedtime there before long - he''s not been made Manager has he, rather "Coach" with Woodward as "Director of Football".   Woodward will be all over Burley like a rash - he knows that this is his moment to make the breakthrough into the round ball game - he comes out smelling of roses if Burley cocks it up and takes over as the great messiah...

Actually I more jealous about Woodward than Burley.

Sure he is learning the ropes..but trust me when he does Soton will fly.

Just my humble opinion as one who plays and knows his rugby

There goes one of the best potential candidates to replace Worthy if he''s given the grand order of the boot. But never mind, as others have pointed out their is no vacancy in the manager''s chair at Carrow Road at present, so where Burley goes is entirely irrelevant. We will just have to wait and see what the new year brings. 

No, not jealous at all.

In my humble opinion, he has made an error of judgement already by accepting the job at Southampton where I can''t see him fitting in - but best of luck to him anyway.