Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

On the ball City

It is only me or does anybody else dislike the "On the ball city" pantomime before each game kicks off?

I am sure it''s a great thrill for the people who start it but it is so embarrasing. We never used to need it when we had the "George Burley" song. Maybe we could play Statues Quo''s Rocking all over the world prior to kick off and we can sing the Yousef song or something similar.

Any Ideas?

Please stop this for 2006.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

It is only me or does anybody else dislike the "On the ball city" pantomime before each game kicks off?

I am sure it''s a great thrill for the people who start it but it is so embarrasing. We never used to need it when we had the "George Burley" song. Maybe we could play Statues Quo''s Rocking all over the world prior to kick off and we can sing the Yousef song or something similar.

Any Ideas?

Please stop this for 2006.

[/quote]

It''s like the players huddle, if it works for you and gets you "up for it" then fill your boots, but I admit after mediocre performances it''s getting more and more difficult to really get the passion going at FCR, everyone just seems so tense!

I think it''s great and can be extremely intimidating for away supporters and surely the players (?)

If you don''t like it - don''t join in :)

unfortunately singing the george burley song to the tune of Joe royale just doesnt work. Als o ifeel it would be unfair on the squad if before the game we always sang about safri.

it makes me feel a bit stupid

i mean the barclay used to sing it when the players came out anyway, we dont really need to be started off, its quite pathetic really

[quote user="BedsCanary"]

I think it''s great and can be extremely intimidating for away supporters and surely the players (?)

If you don''t like it - don''t join in :)

[/quote]

I don''t like it and i don''t join in , i don''t need some fool on a mic

to tell me when to sing surley we can manage to do this on our own as

we used to years ago and we still do when on our travels ,if i was an

away fan at carrow road i would be laughing myself silly to see a man

on a mic trying to get the home supporters going.

i feel there''s a certain bah-humbug quality to this thread. What''s the matter with you all.I like the on the ball city routine, and it at least gets the whole ground on its feet - for river enders that might be the only occasion otherwise! But if it was discarded, then probably if delia came on the pitch and gave a ''lets be avin u'' performance before each match that might get the crowd going.

[quote user="AJ"]

it makes me feel a bit stupid

i mean the barclay used to sing it when the players came out anyway, we dont really need to be started off, its quite pathetic really

[/quote]

Agreed. I just feel a little embarassed. We dont need some local nobody DJ to start us off, when we sing it anyway. And if I was an away fan Id laugh that we needed assistance to get a chant going.

If there was a song that we could stick on to lead a chant, that would be better IMO. If anyone remembers the play-off semi final away at Wolves, hearing their song and the roar from their crowd sent shivers down my spine.