Sign in to follow this  
John Boubepo

Horsefield v Huckerby

Baggies boss Gary Megson told the club''s official website www.wba.co.uk: "Geoff will hopefully bring to the club all the things he''s done in the past, which is getting hold of the ball and chipping in with a few goals.

Yeah, nice description, that Meggsy- getting hold of the ball and chipping in with a few goals!! nice one ginger money well spent!!.

Now lets see what we are getting with our money!!................................

baggies paid one mill for the donkey and forest pissed away the same money on marlon king!
oooops think they dropped a bollock or two.....makes me feel all warm inside to think that barry fry has only ever told the truth twice in his life. quote: ''dury is the best defender outside the premiership'' & '' mckenzie is a potential premiership player'' good on ya baz!

Just one thing though, while they both may have cost about the same once all is paid for, I am almost certain that Horsfield is being paid less in wages.

All said and done, I would still prefer to have Huckerby even though his agent is obviously not one to rely on.

True, his agent isn''t the most reliable. But Huckerby''s move here is motivated by the player himself, and not his agent. For once, a player has decided his own destiny, rather than listening to a man supposedly working in the "best interests" of the player. We now know how little influence his agent has. Now Huckerby''s here, for the next two and a half years at least, who cares what his agent thinks?!?

Donkeys?! Monkeys, perhaps? Either way, the fact that DH chose to come here is a compliment to the staff, set-up and fans alike at this club. Myriad reasons behind it, no doubt, but he''s here. I recall a Soccernet [ahem] article, and Chris Kamara has said similar things, that said the transfer of Hucks would effectively decide the destination of this years Div1 title. As he''s come here perhaps the media will trek to Carrow Rd on occasion. They may then notice that we have a great keeper, solid defence, capable midfield and a strike force to reckon with - finally. In comparison to the other Div1 teams we are a top8 eight side (see last 3yrs) with no chaff and some potentially terrific signings (Francis, McKenzie, Svensson and ..er watsisname).

OTBC