Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Danny Crow

Listening to Radio Norfolk''s "the scrimmage" last night i discovered that Danny Crow is hot property. According to his agent Neil featherby who was on the programme there are a number of higher league clubs after him. He said that one of the clubs is in the premiership. How come Nigel and co didn''t rate him and just 6 months on he looks like he could be moving up a league or 2 already.

It certainly seems bad business, why we didnt give him another year cos it wouldnt of cost us much. Now it seems that peterboro have a valued asset who could make them alot of money

since crow went the reserves don''t score.scored a couple on loan for northampton. against liverpool, I though crow showed some nice touches and instinct, had some skill about him, but slighly small though and perhaps not athletic enough for worthy.why didn''t worthy loan ''the player'' out for this season, just to see if he could improve - and take his regular reserve goalscoring form into the league proper?

[quote user="Old Boy"]

We should never have let Chris Llewellyn go - he used to score for the reserves.

BTW where is he now? 

[/quote]

Yeah but old boy........... Chris Llewellyn was given a chance and play a lot of games for us - he just wasnt that good. Worthy can tell a good young player re Heckingbottom Briggs!!! lol

Not this old chestnut again, he was decent at reserve level and has now found a calling in League 2 where the quality is way below Championship standard. He''s not the first and he won''t be the last

This old chestnut winds me up a bit.

Crow was an excellent player, sharp, a great touch and an eye for goal. I honestly believe that NW has a fairly good eye for letting the right players go (although his signings can be a bit wayward) but this one was a big mistake.

Look at the difference Crow made when coming on against Liverpool last season - it can''t have been just a fluke that his touch was so good?

I think he was a little too ambitious for NW, and a bit too full of himself. But aren''t all good footballers?

He was young, skilled and a bit too cocky for Worthington, who likes his players to be under the thumb. It will be interesting to see him banging goals in against us when we''re in Division 1!

Consider this:

Worthy has a jumped up, temperamental, difficult, single minded, arrogant etc player in his reserves. The player is very good though.

What would Craig Bellamy have done coming through the ranks under Worthy?

He''s playing for Peterborough in the bottom division, isn''t he? Presumably he''s the FL2''s leading scorer then. How many has he got - 15? If so, NW may have made a big mistake. Otherwise, we''d better wait and see for a little while.

[quote user="Old Boy"]He''s playing for Peterborough in the bottom division, isn''t he? Presumably he''s the FL2''s leading scorer then. How many has he got - 15? If so, NW may have made a big mistake. Otherwise, we''d better wait and see for a little while.[/quote]

i dont think he''s scoredas many as 15, but he must be doing something right if a premiership club is after him.

he went through a patch where he scored 5 in 5 games i believe

[quote]

Yeah but old boy........... Chris Llewellyn was given a chance and play

a lot of games for us - he just wasnt that good. Worthy can tell a good

young player re Heckingbottom Briggs!!! lol[/quote]

Briggs is a good player, certainly better than MLJ or Colin. As for

Worthy not liking Crows attitude what must he think of Henderson then?

Crow. like Blackburn was excellent but just too small. Like McV and Notman he looked quick but in reality wasn''t.

crow is their top scorer. he''s got 6 in the league and 2 in LDV. really disappointing. im sure he is so motivated in trying to prove worthy wrong.

[quote user="Big A"]agents never lie
[/quote]

*thinks back to francis*

*thinks back to Huckerby*

hmm.........