Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

could right side be a big problem for city against sheffield on boxing day?

if dicko & colin start boxing day, we''ll have a relatively inexperienced right back and a midfielder playing out of position against the 2nd best team in the division away from home - although i think we''re playing them at the best time for us.Though dicko did ok against soton (better than hughes) but he didn''t look comfortable there which is to be expected.More worryingly, saw wright organising dicko in defence.  assuming colin plays right back on boxing day, will he be able to organise dicko if required? is this an accident waiting to happen?what other options do we have?

[quote user="Northern Canary"]Dont know about boxing day but the right side has been a problem for the last two years at least[/quote]

Certainly has We have had that famed right winger Hendo - Right winger Bently - Rihgt Winger Thorne - Right Winger (about as close as we have got - Marney - right winger Etuhu - Hucks - Paul McVeigh - Helveg - Jonson - Andy Hughes

Actually are any of those players actually right wingers???

[quote user="Northern Canary"]Dont know about boxing day but the right

side has been a problem for the last two years at least[/quote]

exactly.

Henderson is not the answer

I must agree with northern canary we have had that problem for most of the 2 years. Apart from Kevin Harper and Kevin Cooper we have not had a proper winger. I presume johnson was brought in to do that job, but just huffed and puffed. It is our biggest weakness I believe and with Huckerby only now starting get back to his best after a rollicking by the crowd and worthy it has been the main reason why Ashton has not been scoring. 

Please Please Please Mr Worthington buy a proper right winger for once instead of keep putting in players who cant play there. It might even save your job!

[quote user="Robbo007"]Worthy likes playing Hendo away from home, so i''d expect him to start[/quote]

..... as a striker..... because he is not a right winger!

i would personally expect McVeigh to start there