Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

what's your best city moment of 2005?

I was going to say best moment of this season, but there''s not been many, so i''ve made it 2005 - not that there''s been many of those either.After the drubbing at arsenal, I was chuffed to see worthy forced to make changes. I was even happier to see Safs play out of his skin, and shacks do the biz in defence against Man U.MY best moment - BEATING MAN U AT HOME.

Well there''s really only one isn''t there IMO, and that''s the one you mention, beating Man Utd 2-0. But overall you have to say that 2005 has been a dismal year for Norwich.

My best moment was the newcastle game with ashtons injury time winner and youssefs wonder goal. Also beating man u and the whole ground shouting EASY, EASY (even the river end) at them will stay in the memory.

Shouting easy at fulham was also quite a funny moment especially when we had lost 6-0, unfortunately the bad bits outweighed that.

The moment ashton signed was great and the moment francis left was nearly as good.

2 cracking goals scored against Man Utd were probably the best moments of 2005. The brilliant comeback in the Middlesborough match was pretty memorable as well. Finally, Deano''s hattrick last Saturday will stay in the memory for some time - it''s not very often we get the chance to watch a striker wearing yellow and green score 3 goals in one match.

In no particular order...

- The 2-0 win over Man United. The whole crowd chanting "EASY!!" was brilliant. (Especially as it was the first time we had really sang it, now its just getting incredibly repetitive - and I mean that in general terms not just us)

- Drurys equalizer against Boro. Also that great feeling when the goal went in, that around ten minutes before at 4-1 down I was one of those that remained shouting "Loyal supporters"...

- The attitude and quality of our support at Fulham. Dont think ive ever experienced anything like it. I was in the Fulham end, so I got a glimpse of just how good out support can be.

Ashtons goal against Newcastle to snatch back those 2 extra points - terrific headaer from a great cross - for my daughter it was seeing her first hat trick.  In the running were boro, svens face scoring against charlton, safris shot and that really is about it. 

Not many other highs these last 12 months though.[:''(]

Heres to a better 2006.

OTBC

Its definately between, the Brilliant ManUtd Win, The Ashton injury winner against Newcastle, and the amazing comeback against Middlesbourgh. But I think the Manutd win just pips it into 1st place. What a performance form the boys in yellow that really was, that''ll teach Fergie for thinking again, that anyteam at the bottom will just roll over to his 2nd string..."EASY EASY EASY"...I remember during the bourgh match when Jimmy Floydd scored from his free-kick to make it 4-1 to them, and then hearing and seeing alot of city fans exiting the ground, Oh what a comeback u missed, '' the stuff dreams are made of ''! Cant see that happening for another odd 30years or so. As for the Newcastle game, they dont come much more dramatic as that: Bomsoung caught in no-mans land, and Ashton with such a accurate header in the last seconds of the game. Deano''s celebration for that goal, now has pride of place as my Computer desktop background!...See it wasnt all doom and gloom last year.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all City fans! 

Other top moments adding to the man u and newcastle games were.

1) ashtons hat -trick V saints

2) Nearly staying up

3) signing Deano

4) releasing stuart

5) The boro comeback

6) as every goal went in watching the number of boro fans chanting easy dramatically reduce.

Easily the 2-0 win over ManUre.

The support at Fulham was awesome too. I think we proved that we have the best support in the country that day...

Easily; Norwich 2-0 Man Utd

The second goal was scored against them; the well finished passing move by Mckenzie is the best goal i have ever seen at goal surely! Looked so smooth, and get that great feeling of satisfaction every time i see it over and over again!

easily the best moment!