Sign in to follow this  
Beno27

Heres what you could've had...

After my Marlon King post, I felt the need to prove my point once more that there are some fantastic players available on the cheap. I dont expect us to get ALL of these, but I''m gutted that we cant even pick up a few, it''d be better that the Hughes'' or Jarretts or Thornes or Louis Jeans of this world, coinsidentally, for the price we paid for say Hughes and Colin(a good player I''ll admit) we could have bought every player in this squad...

Ian Walker-free

Clarke Carlisle- £100k

Maurice Ross-free (24 yr old Scotland defender)

Craig Short-free

David Unsworth- free

John Spicer £35k

Marco Reich- free

Seth Johnson- free

Ian Hume-£500k

Kevin Doyle-Tiny fee from an Irish club (one of championship top scorers)

Billy Sharp-£100k (2nd in league one top scorers)

Ian Walker-Still on a  fair wedge, we are blessed with keepers

Clarke Carlisle- Surplus to requirements at Leeds, a few problems

Maurice Ross-Moved to Sheff Weds, quickly moved out

Craig Short- Is that the tune to Steptoe and Son I hear?

David Unsworth- Ditto

John Spicer - Average

Marco Reich- Decent

Seth Johnson- Injuries ago-go

Ian Hume- Meh

Kevin Doyle-Looks a good buy

Billy Sharp- Surplus at Sheff Utd

So on reflection I''ll stick with the bus fare home

David Unsworth would have been a good buy - he can take a pen too.  Kevin Doyle is a good player, Seth Johnsen would have hooked up well with Safri,, John Spicer and Reich are Decent

Peter Thorne - Average

Jason Jarrett - Move to norwich, quickly shipped out

Jurgen Colin - Meh, never seen over the half way line

Matheus Louis jean - Injuries ago-go

Dean Marney - Meh

Carl Robinson - Average

Dickson Etuhu - Meh

Me ill stick with Edworthy,  Svennson and Koumas thanks

dont get me wong, i dont want this as our starting 11, but a lot of these players are just as good as what we''ve got. Eg. Ashton and doyle up front wouldve been immense. Johnsnis better than Robinson etc.

[quote user="Beno27"]dont get me wong, i dont want this as our starting 11, but a lot of these players are just as good as what we''ve got. Eg. Ashton and doyle up front wouldve been immense. Johnsnis better than Robinson etc.[/quote]

And before this season started I saw no posts on Doyle! I suggest he is a vey good find and a risk that worked out. IMO if Worthy had risked this he  and the board would have been slaughtered as lacking ambition. .

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[quote user="Beno27"]dont get me wong, i dont want this as our starting 11, but a lot of these players are just as good as what we''ve got. Eg. Ashton and doyle up front wouldve been immense. Johnsnis better than Robinson etc.[/quote]

And before this season started I saw no posts on Doyle! I suggest he is a vey good find and a risk that worked out. IMO if Worthy had risked this he  and the board would have been slaughtered as lacking ambition. .

[/quote]

I dont see a risk, its a very young and talented player, and even if he had been a flop, he was cheap and i doubt his wages are high, and I''m sure you didnt hear anything on the messageboard about him, but i also doubt that anyone on the message board has a team of scouts working for them

Marlon Who?

We have ashton, mcveigh and huckerby all in form, with mckenzie raring to go. Who needs him ?, not us thats for sure.

[quote user="Beno27"]

I cant believe people would turn down the top scorer for £500,000 because we''ve got mckenzie

[/quote]

He''s probably better than mckenzie, but leon would care more and i wouldn''t pick king ahead of hucks, ashton, or mcveigh. If  ashton had gone he would of been a good signing.