Sign in to follow this  
Beno27

Marlon King- GRR

[quote user="Beno27"]£500,000, a snip, just shows the bargains ARE out there[/quote]

Its just one of those things. Whenever King came to Carrow road with Gillingham I thought he was awful. Obviously Watford have got the best out if him, and most importantly spotted the potential. Cant say I saw anything in him.

[quote user="Mook"]

And who is it that''s getting the best out of him?

Oh yeah.

Grrrrrrr...

[/quote]

LOL  [+o(]  Its like JJ all over again... 

But Mook - players are self motivating and the manager has nothing to do with the players performances[;)] 

OTBC

[quote user="ncfc4prem"]King is not that great, cast your minds back to the xmas forest game a couple of seasons ago.[/quote]

one bad game does not make a bad player.  Maybe they wernt playing him to his strengths..  Ive seen it happen to other players at other clubs [;)] - lol long ball to McVeigh!!!

King is not fantastic but he is scoring at this level and has propelled his team to third in the league and did not cost a fortune.  Adi clearly saw potential in him, nutured it and brought the goal scorer back out of him.  

The clubs argument is that the players are not out there to buy but the likes of king, ifill, blake, and many others were bought before we seemed to start looking and would have boosted out squad too.  Personally I woudl prefer Ashton, Leon and WLY to king but is shows there are goal scorers available who would not cost multi millions.

But I would not trust the coaching staff towork such a turn around - ashton and thorne are hardly the best example of utilising skills are they?

OTBC

we were linked with Marlon harewood at one stage too.. i thought he was awful aswell.. i''d have him here now though! no chance of it sadly :(

a good point made by Zipper.. Woirthy is oft quoted as saying "theres nothing out there" yet other clubs are delving into the market and coming away with bargains and reaping the rewards.. perhaps Worthy and co arent looking till its too late.. surely Strenghtening the squad should be the number 1 priority above everything else each year?

jas :)

Right Paul, so you''d want Marlon King would you? Unbelievable. Forest

paid almost a million for him. And, though it''s harsh to say, his

failures were central to their relegation. He was meant to provide the

goals that Harewood did before him. If we had taken him instead of

Forest, you''d have been the first on here moaning about bad signings

when he didn''t perform.  Instead we got Leon and Sven and got

promoted to the premiership while Forest disappeared to division 2.

You must have been one of the first to moan about Gary D when we signed

him. Now what do you think of him? I don''t understand why you and

others go on about how terrible are signings

are when they''ve hardly had a chance to settle into the team and to be

given a chance to gel because of all our injuries. I don''t think the

quality of our signings that''s the problem so much as the number of

them. With the loan players that have been a neccessity due to injury,

we haven''t been able to field a settled side. Also, loan signing by

their nature are going to be more risky because they are usually forced

on us and you HAVE to pick someone up to fill in. The club will take

more of a risk on a loan since the financial risk is not so high

because loan singings are not investments in the way that permanent

signings are.

Just get off their backs for one second and give them a chance.

Marlon King is an average player. Did nothing at Forest (who must be laughing at getting 500k), and has done well at Watford because he fits into there system well. I''d have been gutted if we paid 500k for him. Been inside as well. Great for the club image :-)

Paul Rankin has taken over Wiz as the most anti-Norwich poster on this message board of late. All of his comments are against the club, manager and players.

[quote user="a1canary"]Right Paul, so you''d want Marlon King would you? Unbelievable. Forest

paid almost a million for him. And, though it''s harsh to say, his

failures were central to their relegation. He was meant to provide the

goals that Harewood did before him. If we had taken him instead of

Forest, you''d have been the first on here moaning about bad signings

when he didn''t perform.  Instead we got Leon and Sven and got

promoted to the premiership while Forest disappeared to division 2.

You must have been one of the first to moan about Gary D when we signed

him. Now what do you think of him? I don''t understand why you and

others go on about how terrible are signings

are when they''ve hardly had a chance to settle into the team and to be

given a chance to gel because of all our injuries. I don''t think the

quality of our signings that''s the problem so much as the number of

them. With the loan players that have been a neccessity due to injury,

we haven''t been able to field a settled side. Also, loan signing by

their nature are going to be more risky because they are usually forced

on us and you HAVE to pick someone up to fill in. The club will take

more of a risk on a loan since the financial risk is not so high

because loan singings are not investments in the way that permanent

signings are.

Just get off their backs for one second and give them a chance.

[/quote]

in response AJ

1) i do not boo players at the matches and always support the team

2) no i wouldnt want Marlon King the guy has been in jail has failed in many seasons and is a huge risk- but his ability at this level was always there as a talented young manager like Bothroyd is showing - i wouldnt have wanted harewood either but he is doing well in a very creative side

3) where is Sven now?? along with edworthy ws offered only a 1 year deal and went

4) Yes when i heard we were going for Gary Doherty I could not beleive it!!!! the spurs fans could not beleive they were making money on him!! He is NOT a premiership class defender.. I am glad however to see he is proving himself at this lower level tho.

5) the loans are good in a way you get to try before potentially buying - I havent seen much from Etuhu so far to warrant buying him yet though - hopefully he will prove himself in the next couple

[quote user="Robbo007"]

Marlon King is an average player. Did nothing at Forest (who must be laughing at getting 500k), and has done well at Watford because he fits into there system well. I''d have been gutted if we paid 500k for him. Been inside as well. Great for the club image :-)

Paul Rankin has taken over Wiz as the most anti-Norwich poster on this message board of late. All of his comments are against the club, manager and players.

[/quote]

Been inside as well, whats that got to do with anything, if Jonathan Woodgate wanted a move to Norwich you wouldnt say, erm... no thanks, would you? shocking.

[quote user="Robbo007"]

[/quote]

Yeah Forest must be laughing

[quote user="Beno27"][quote user="Robbo007"]

[/quote]

Yeah Forest must be laughing

[/quote]

Talking of Forest  , they`re  moving  pretty close to the play offs !    I`ve never bought into a change of manager  making a big difference  to any teams performance , but this seems to have happened in Forest`s case !    hope to see them play us next season

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="ncfc4prem"]King is not that great, cast your minds back to the xmas forest game a couple of seasons ago.[/quote]

one bad game does not make a bad player.  Maybe they wernt playing him to his strengths..  Ive seen it happen to other players at other clubs [;)] - lol long ball to McVeigh!!!

[/quote]

and long ball to Erny!! [;)]

Dont worry he would not be half the players he is now after a season being ''coached'' by worthless and co. And not forgetting he would be playing on the right wing or some other postion that he is acustomed too and would have the occasional game up front where he would suffer from lack of service! Then he would get fed up, fall out with worthless and have his contract torn up after a season in the reserves............................................  

He didn''t do much at Forest. It was odd - when Forest signed Taylor and King I thought they''d make an awesome strike force but Forest got relegated and they both ended up being sold having failed to perform!