Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

stability

Perhaps our recent slide is partly due to lack of stability rather than useless manager/players/board etc? Here are my musings:

1) Clubs that have gone stright back up tend to stick with their championship winning squad- they tend to have accrued strong players prior to promotion.

2) Wigan and West Ham signed only a few new players and are reaping rewards of team spirit and togetherness akin to Greece in Euro Championships

3) We fell apart when we ripped the heart out of our team - thus losing our spirit

(Don''t blame Worthy -he  had little option - we were lucky in our winning season and players like Malky would have been way out of their depth. In addition fans were screaming for ''Prem'' quality)

4) We have had more players through our doors in 14 months than I can remember in a very long time.

I therefroe feel that a clearout and new faces in January would be a knee jerk reaction. one that might well cripple us for years.

A couple of faces in key positions might help - but then we need to consolidate, and allow the ''culture of change'' (which is unsettling) to become a culture of stability.

What do you think?

I beleive 3 things would sort out the squad:

1 A fit Mckenzie

2 A quality creative center midfielder who can pass the ball -(Koumas would have fitted the bill as a loan in the summer buut Worthy passed that one up - idiot)

3 A right sided midfielder preferably a proper pacey winger

That would give the balance and creativity to go with the NW workrate crappers and a hard working strike partner for Deano