Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Josip Drmic signs

10 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Considering its a free transfer then it's a risk worth taking for a player with his pedigree, but his recent injury record is quite alarming: eight league starts in the last three seasons, and just 17 in the last four.

If this is his last four seasons starts then it really is a big risk.I must admit not the type of player I was expecting to give Pukki some competition.I would have preferred a player who is strong in the air who can play with his back to goal,which would give us another option.

Assuming our medics have done their job and he is now fit he could be a great signing. Looks a very similar style of player to Pukki.

2 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I think you'll find, if he does stay fit he may well be ahead of Pukki.

After his exploits last season, I can't envisage a scenario in which anyone will overtake Pukki as the main striker in the early stages of the season. It could all change if Pukki goes five or six games without a goal, but he'll certainly start the season as the main man.

The one thing we should all have learned by now is that Farke plays the man/team in form. Who'd have thought Godfrey would have kept Klose out of the side for as long as he did, or Mayor MacLean keeping Vrancic or Leitner out at the end of the season. 

He's here as competition to Pukki, not back up.  It all comes down to who's fit and in form when we play the friendlies.  I just hope the club have done their homework on his injury history.

We all know about Pukki now, it excites me to see what Drmic can bring to the club. One things for sure, both have scored goals for their European national sides, so to sign both guys in the space of 12 months on free transfers in this age of mega money transfers is almost unheard of. Very astute signing and more proof at how fast the whole SW / DF set up has shot the whole club  to move forward in such a small time period. Welcome Josip!

• Like 1

If anyone comes up with a song to the tune of Dr Jones by Aqua for this guy, I think I might go and support another team 😜😜😜

5 hours ago, Woodman said:

He's here as competition to Pukki, not back up.  It all comes down to who's fit and in form when we play the friendlies.  I just hope the club have done their homework on his injury history.

I agree that he is competition for Pukki, but Pukki has earned the right (imo) to be the first choice - at least to start with. Imo it will be a case of acclimatising Drmic to the club and giving him a few minutes here and there from the bench - and then we will see how things develop.

All I can add is that over the years, we have brought in strikers who didn't have that instant appeal or record. And they turned out fine eg Pukki, Roberts.

So I am happy we have a new striker who cost nothing.

Just now, Rock The Boat said:

Look at his injury record over the past three seasons

So, he's been injured. Depending on the nature of those injuries, you MIGHT be right. Still doesn't mean that you ARE right, so why declare in such an authoritative way that he's a waste of a wage? Give the guy a chance FFS.  Get real, were not getting Aguero, or even Dwight Gayle on our money.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Or he could be another Santi Cazorla.

Could be. Nice if he is. 

But there's a reason why he's free. So I'll wait and see if he can remain injury-free before I get excited.

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Could be. Nice if he is. 

But there's a reason why he's free. So I'll wait and see if he can remain injury-free before I get excited.

There's a big difference between not being excited and writing the guy off before he's kicked a Ball for us.

Edited by wcorkcanary

4 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

But there's a reason why he's free

So was Teemu.  Nowadays many mid range continental players run down their contracts. If you have evidence that B Moenchengladbach released him BECAUSE he was a Matt Jarvis,  do please share.

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Look at his injury record over the past three seasons

I'm more interested in his injury record over the NEXT 3 seasons! 

• Haha 1

Well he's free, low risk and looks to have potential. If we can bag Rhodes as 3rd choice with Idah lurking we could be sorted as far as strikers are concerned. Keeps most of the financial resources intact to get a beast of DM, another CH and RB.

11 hours ago, Grumpy said:

I would have preferred a player who is strong in the air who can play with his back to goal,which would give us another option.

Don't worry, Jordan Rhodes, or similar incoming. 

We had none of this Chinese crap until he turned up. Coincidence, I think not. 

On 24/06/2019 at 21:34, Rhino1 said:

Surfer you appear to be a complete **** and a binner!!! 

On 24/06/2019 at 21:06, Surfer said:

I see he can't head the ball then. Looks like a poor mans Pukki. We are going down if this is the extent of our ambition. 

Or he just appears to have been spot on. I feel that this brief exchange epitomises what this forum is about really. Somebody has an opinion and if its not pro-regime it is shot down as "binner". 

Apology from Rhino1 to Surfer required? 

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Or he just appears to have been spot on. I feel that this brief exchange epitomises what this forum is about really. Somebody has an opinion and if its not pro-regime it is shot down as "binner". 

I wouldn't start down the avenue of demanding apologies when people are wrong in hindsight if I were you

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If the apology is ‘required’, normally someone with any decency will just do it rather than ask the poster if they want an apology.

Drmic is still 50/50 for me. Looked good when he got involved before the season was curtailed, but has had a torrid time since the restart like literally every single player we’ve got so I won’t be singling him out. That’s confidence, or lack of it, for you.