Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Josip Drmic signs

Decent signing if on a free. Seems like a very similar signing to Rhodes in many ways - a lot of potential when younger, couple of bad injuries, got him in fairly cheap (or in Rhodes’ case a loan).

From the clip Bill put up, he looks to be fairly pacey (hopefully injuries haven’t taken the edge of his pace) and with a good eye for goal. Hasn’t played a huge amount of football for the last three years and hardly any at all last year. 

If he can stay fit and get sharp though, I’d say he’ll be a decent back up option with potential to be more than that.

• Like 1

Hopefully our fitness team handle him with bubblewrap considering the amount of training this team reportedly does.

Excited to see how this one plays out. Happy our transfer policy is very consistent. Player of good pedigree, once full of potential, that's lost his way a little bit, and you could say he was on the cheap side too.

Mid-low risk gamble, and I like it

Feel this is a great signing, and I have a good feeling about him. Bill’s video showed us that he’s skilful and very clever with his finishing, I think the second or third goal where he tricks the keeper into thinking he’s going to finish with his left but takes it a stride earlier with his right, very smart finish! And there’s another goal where he looks like he’s going to take a long range shot, but he throws the defender off by pushing it wide and finishing with his right duke. Good to see he’s comfortable with both feet, and Van Wink’s vid shows that he’s of a certain character, seems a very pleasant chap and ready made for our dressing room 👍

Obviously no one knows how a signing will pan out but his pedigree, background alongside the fact hes on a free suggests this could be another fantastic bit of business.

This sounds a good bit of business. As a free transfer he’ll probably be on a higher wage than if we’d paid a fee but with a three year deal it’s given him a transfer value if things don’t work out.

Got to be an upgrade on our previous ‘ Doc ‘ and if the problems we had pronouncing Farke are the same that surname should be fun !

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Looks really good 1v1. Good pace, technique, dribbling and finishing. Perfect type of striker for a lower PL team basically. Looks a good signing but he's got a hell of a challenge dislodging Pukki. Good to have two international regulars competing for a place, Drmic's record is pretty much 1 in 3 at international level

Lets play both up front. Can you imagine the attacking presence we shall have!!

I see he can't head the ball then. Looks like a poor mans Pukki. We are going down if this is the extent of our ambition. 

🙂

• Like 1

Not blown away by this and his goal rate, but then I doubt any striker we would get would look any better. Soooooo. In Farke we trust.

I have full confidence in our recruitment team to find players of potential at all levels and Daniel Farke's ability to improve players with his coaching. 

The guy clearly has ability, and we’ve seen with Teemu, Leitner et al how things can go if guys are given a chance; if it doesn’t work it is at minimal cost (in PL terms).

4 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Webber literally spoke about wanting him despite the fact we'd probably be looking to sign another. I read it as him telling Wednesday to lower their evaluation.

Drmic arriving as well is a way of letting Sheff Weds know we can take it or leave it with Rhodes and that if they want him off the books, they will need to cave into our demands.

Considering its a free transfer then it's a risk worth taking for a player with his pedigree, but his recent injury record is quite alarming: eight league starts in the last three seasons, and just 17 in the last four.

But still, if he was fit and firing then he wouldn't be free and he probably wouldn't be coming here, so you have to take the rough with the smooth. If he stays fit, he'll be a good option to challenge Pukki. 

So we have a backup to Pukki, he won’t have to play much hopefully, so a good bit of business. Is third striker still Srbeny or will we look for a Benteke type of player to mix things up? 

Focus now switches to defensive midfield upgrade and GK and RB cover IMO. 

Complete opposite to the RVW signing, he had been prolific in Portugal and was cr@p here , whereas JD hasn't been particularly prolific over the last couple of seasons... still a quality player and on a free (not 8 m £...)

Welcome JD !!! #otbc

5 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Will he rival Pukki or Marco?

I think so...he's got the talent...just a case of being fit and hungry enough! That's where I trust Farke in getting the best out of him!

12 hours ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

It's not written in stone - maybe we'll play with 2 up front in certain games next season?

If we start any game with two out-and-out strikers next season, I'll be very surprised.

• Like 1

He averages a goal every 170 minutes in the Bundesliga and is a clinical finisher. 

The regular injuries have probably taken the extra bit of pace he had that could take him away from defenders but he’s still technically very good. I remember him being good at scoring headers, although despite him being 6ft he isn’t a striker who will play with his back to goal. 

Hard to say how good he is as he hasn’t played over 500 mins in the last three seasons. It is definitely a bit of a punt - but an exciting player to have around. 

Great signing on a free, was once one of Europe's top young prospects.

Always good to have World Cup and Champions League experience in the squad, and it makes sense considering the German majority in the club will know him from his time in the Bundesliga, and Timm is familiar with the bloke from international duty. Unlikely to unsettle the squad balance and morale.

If we're not re-signing Rhodes as 3rd choice striker (which is all he can be in the Prem in my opinion), I would potentially like to see another cheap striker come in for the season, perhaps an experienced head on a 1 year deal. As much as I wish he was, Srbeny isn't a Prem player, and it's unlikely we'll throw Adam Idah in to the mix without any first team experience.

Edited by Hoolahoop14

4 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Great signing on a free, was once one of Europe's top young prospects.

Always good to have World Cup and Champions League experience in the squad, and it makes sense considering the German majority in the club will know him from his time in the Bundesliga, and Timm is familiar with the bloke from international duty. Unlikely to unsettle the squad balance and morale.

If we're not re-signing Rhodes as 3rd choice striker (which is all he can be in the Prem in my opinion), I would potentially like to see another cheap striker come in for the season, perhaps an experienced head on a 1 year deal. As much as I wish he was, Srbeny isn't a Prem player, and it's unlikely we'll throw Adam Idah in to the mix without any first team experience.

Not so bothered about the return of Rhodes, but would like to see an additional striker brought in. Then Srbeny can go out on loan and hopefully raise his profile & value.

Just now, ec-p said:

Would Rhodes still be keen to come back as third choice?

Would be surprised myself, but it would arguably be his last shot at the Prem, and it would only take an injury for him to be considered.

Got a lot of time for this signing. The transfer policy seems to be continuing and it has proved very astute so far.

Low risk signing on a free, wages probably in our top bracket (whatever that may be now), but as previously mentioned, 3 year contract gives him some value as an insurance.

Full of promise, but with injuries and limited game time, seems to be at a point in his career where he may have a bit of a point to prove too

The only thing I am questioning is pronunciation...

'Durmich', 'Drimich', 'Drumich'?'