Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Josip Drmic signs

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019/june/josip-drmic-signs-for-norwich-city/

Norwich City are delighted to announce that Switzerland international striker Josip Drmic is set to join the Club on a three-year contract from July 1.

Drmic, 26, has spent the last four seasons with German side Borussia Monchengladbach, having previously played in the Champions League with Bayer Leverkusen.

Drmic also has 32 caps for Switzerland, representing them at two World Cups, and scored ten goals in the red and white colours.

He becomes Daniel Farke’s second signing of the summer, following on from the season-long loan agreement with Manchester City for winger Patrick Roberts.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk, Drmic said: “Now everything is done, I’m very happy. I had very good conversations with Stuart Webber and with the Head Coach Daniel Farke.

“I was talking also to Timm Klose [teammate with Switzerland]. We had a long conversation as I had a lot of questions and he spoke very, very positively about the Club.

“I’m very excited to be playing in the Premier League. I cannot wait because I’ve heard a lot of things from my colleagues in the national team who have played in the Premier League.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019/june/josip-drmic-signs-for-norwich-city/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And help with pronunciation (and what he can do)

• Like 1

His record isn't particularly prolific, but international pedigree and decent injury record so will wait and see what he brings! Welcome Josip!

Sounds like a clever signing. Good age and decent playing history. 

Now, just like with Pukki last year, time to prove himself in England. Good competition for Teemu too

Looks really good 1v1. Good pace, technique, dribbling and finishing. Perfect type of striker for a lower PL team basically. Looks a good signing but he's got a hell of a challenge dislodging Pukki. Good to have two international regulars competing for a place, Drmic's record is pretty much 1 in 3 at international level

Missed his last penalty though (against England), so we're not making progress in that department.  

Disgrace.  Webber / Farke out.

• Like 1

Just now, Orly said:

Missed his last penalty though (against England), so we're not making progress in that department.  

should fit in a treat then.

• Haha 1

Just now, Orly said:

Surely he fits in perfectly? 😛

"The 26-year-old free agent will officially become a Norwich City player on July 1, after agreeing a three year deal...............

........................Drmic rejected the chance to stay at Borussia Mönchengladbach to have a shot at the Premier League."

Which would suggest that some naughty person might have been whispering in his ear, that if he was a free agent there might be a club that would sign him on favourable terms... or something like that 😉

Great bit of business, an international striker on a free at a great age with motivation to play in the premiership! Well done to all involved.

Does this kill the rumours of a Rhodes Return?

Pukki, Drmic, Roberts and Buendia make an exciting front 4!

Could they line up like this:

Pukki

Drmic                  Buendia                   Roberts

Leitner              New CDM

3 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Pukki, Drmic, Roberts and Buendia make an exciting front 4!

Could they line up like this:

Pukki

Drmic                  Buendia                   Roberts

Leitner              New CDM

Indeed and Onel and Marco aren't going to go quietly either so looks good!

Cover for right back and keeper and a quality CDM and that's about it I reckon. SW said he didn't feel we needed wholesale changes. Any other positions I've missed?

1 minute ago, Hairy Canary said:

Indeed and Onel and Marco aren't going to go quietly either so looks good!

Cover for right back and keeper and a quality CDM and that's about it I reckon. SW said he didn't feel we needed wholesale changes. Any other positions I've missed?

Add to this we’ve saved a good few million by getting this guy on a free, giving us that little bit more money for a possible CB and right back as cover.

6 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Nah, reckon we're still in for him.

Doubt it, unless Srbeny's on his way out. No point having four mainline strikers on the books when we'll only ever be playing with one up front.

• Like 1

Webber literally spoke about wanting him despite the fact we'd probably be looking to sign another. I read it as him telling Wednesday to lower their evaluation.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Doubt it, unless Srbeny's on his way out. No point having four mainline strikers on the books when we'll only ever be playing with one up front.

I still think we’ll see a little bit of Idah if he’s not out on loan, he’s just such a talent and his stats at all levels shows he knows how to score, plenty of goals in a short number of games. Just have a feeling this lad might be the next one to shine.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I still think we’ll see a little bit of Idah if he’s not out on loan, he’s just such a talent and his stats at all levels shows he knows how to score, plenty of goals in a short number of games. Just have a feeling this lad might be the next one to shine.

He does look like a massive talent, but I reckon we should loan him out until January to a League One or Championship club. If he fires then we can use him in the second half of the season, if he doesn't we can loan him out again. First-team football is what he needs now, and with the best will in the world he's not going to get that in the Prem.

19 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's not written in stone - maybe we'll play with 2 up front in certain games next season?

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

He does look like a massive talent, but I reckon we should loan him out until January to a League One or Championship club. If he fires then we can use him in the second half of the season, if he doesn't we can loan him out again. First-team football is what he needs now, and with the best will in the world he's not going to get that in the Prem.

Totally agree, if we can find a decent club to loan him in the championship it would be very beneficial, I just have an inkling that Farke might just want him around as an option for some games, still very young and needs games under his belt.

36 minutes ago, Indy said:

Great bit of business, an international striker on a free at a great age with motivation to play in the premiership! Well done to all involved.

Does this kill the rumours of a Rhodes Return?

Sounds like we've done well there, maybe one or two will find something to criticise, erm..... appalling lack of vowels in that surname!!

Looks to have been decent until 2015, but then had two consecutive year long injuries. 

Fits the mould of Webber signings of decent players whose careers have nose dived a bit.

Hopefully Daniel can get him back to his best and a bit more. 

But a striker on a free, now whenever has that worked out...!