Sign in to follow this  
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Benitez to Leave Newcastle...

...at the end of the month when his contract expires.

It should help us. Changing the manager (or head coach) at this stage of pre-season just as training is about to restart isn't ideal in terms of preparation, both from a transfers and tactical point of view, and I'm sure they won't bring in anyone as competent as Benitez.

Considering that we play them in our first home game, hopefully they won't be as 'settled' as they would've been had Benitez stayed, and in the long term I think this will slightly increase their risk of relegation.

Although, on the contrary, the players might be delighted at being released from the shackles of playing 5-4-1 every week and start fulfilling their potential.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

They've probably forgotten how to play like that.

Here's hoping.

It should help us. Unless of course they think Farke would make a good replacement. Probably unlikely as they suffer badly from delusions of grandeur and won't consider anyone unproven at the top level. Unless his name is Lampard or Gerrard 😂

Mourinho has made a few positive noises about Newcastle in the past-considering he is probably not a coach who would appeal to an elite club right now, I wonder if he thinks they are a club he can rebuild and refashion in his image *IF* funds were available? 

2 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Mourinho has made a few positive noises about Newcastle in the past-considering he is probably not a coach who would appeal to an elite club right now, I wonder if he thinks they are a club he can rebuild and refashion in his image *IF* funds were available? 

Mourinho would never lower himself to Newcastle, and I'm sure he'll find an elite club to take him on soon enough.

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I reckon Hughton will be on the phone shortly.

With all the adverts he is doing I reckon Redknapp is either bored, skint or both. Give him the job. (He'd probably bankrupt Ashley as well, which would be a bonus).

3 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Bielsa to Newcastle..?

Not a bad shout, that. The Geordies would love a manager who will get them playing exciting, attacking football. They were bizarrely loyal to Benitez despite his miserable defensive tactics, and after having put up with clowns like McClaren, Pardew, Kinnear and Carver in recent years I reckon he'd be an excellent appointment. And it'd royally p*ss off the WACCOE w*nkers.

• Like 1

Jose loves taking teams to St James and would consider it an honour to manage ‘Mr Robson’s Club’ – but what would doubtless be an incendiary relationship with the current owners would prevent that happening any time soon … unless the club really is for sale.

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Alan Shearer is having a hissy fit on social media over what he says is a shambles.

Not as much of a shambles as when they appointed him manager 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rafael Benitez appointed manager of Chinese side Dalian Yifang.

I wonder where the ambition is there? Probably I could not get what I wanted for my vision at Newcastle so stuff it I'll take a big pay day and go explore China and try to beat the big teams there. He said he did want a long term contract didn't he.

Feel a bit sorry for Benitez, he won two trophies in one season at Chelsea and the fans hated him for it. I'm sure that he's been well rewarded but Newcastle will be the worse for his departure. 

4 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Rafael Benitez appointed manager of Chinese side Dalian Yifang.

I wonder where the ambition is there? Probably I could not get what I wanted for my vision at Newcastle so stuff it I'll take a big pay day and go explore China and try to beat the big teams there. He said he did want a long term contract didn't he.

I think the ambition there is earning £1m a month... His reputation won't get worse for managing in China so stay there for a year or so until another big European club is vacant and go in with bulging pockets....