Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

The best result on Saturday is....

.........probably a draw.

I know where Wiz is coming from when he provokes debate by arguing that an opposition win is needed for the good of the club. Its a real dilemma for those convinced that a change in manager is needed.

We want City to win, yet we want a new man in charge. Unfortunately a win will simply prolong the agony and after 18 months of woeful management and under achievement, just how long will it take before we ever have faith in him again? Hughes on the left in attack? Charlton in midfield? Green partnering Deano anyone?

A defeat will surely hasten NW''s departure. Yet I desperately want this club to win and move up the league. I don''t want a loss, I regret the effect of a win. So that leaves a draw which is doesn''t hasten his departure or move us up. So that''s not really much good either.

Actually I want to wake up in May with the team revitalised, whoever is in charge. But until then we have to go through these agonies. Maybe I''ll follow bowls instead.............but no, nothings that bad!!

im hoping for a draw too.. but sadly i fear Defeat looms.. theres been a lot go on at Colney this week and the Ashton news will deflate us even more however predictable....

Just be thankful its a week till sheff utd and not this saturday... they would walk all over us!

jas :)

[quote user="A load of squit"]If you want anything other than a Norwich win you should clear off down the A140 & become a binner.[/quote]

We can do without those sorts of comments thanks - really helps things doesnt it!?!  If a fan feels his club can only progress by changing the manager and the only way to do that is by the club losing the fair enough - dont beleive that myself but its an honest enough assessment from someone who clearly has passion for our club.

Soton have only lost 3 times yet drawn an amazing 13 of their 22 games - what makes us think we can break down a difficult to beat Soton our stunning attacking play?    [;)]

We should be able to but whether we can is another matter - a draw is the most likely result although my irrational optimism is already rising for another win and its only Tuesday - probably just the thought of a home game at last...

OTBC

Tumble, we''ve had this before, no-one, least of all NW, wanted to play

Charlton in midfield. But with no hughes jarrett safri francis who

would you have put there?

What we have learnt to our cost this season is that this year at least, a big strong central midfield pairing is vital.

With a settled, full strength team you obviously wouldn''t see charlton

in midfield. I''d still like to see if things can be turned around once

we have a full strength team that has been playing together for a few

games. We haven''t had that once this season and we won''t any time soon

as loan deals start expiring and with safri''s imminent departure.

Anyone who doesnt think we will win on Sat. is just being honest by saying it. It doesnt make them any less of a fan. Did you think we would beat chelsea last season squit? Dont have a go at Pete just because he doesnt think we''ll win. Its not like he hasnt given a reason for his opinion

Think i''m going to have to stick up for squit here, anyone wanting less than a win is bloody stupid!!!  and Beno, your comment on chelsea is the biggest load of rubbish ever, we were never expected to beat chelsea last year, though we could and should beat everyone in this league.  Regardless of views towards worthy, we must want the team to win, surel if we win then we''re going in the right direction, wantin to draw is unjustifyable.  

Also to add more insult to you moaners, i think we''ll beat sheff united on boxing day, cos as seen with the palace game, the better the opposition, the better we play, role on a grear xmas!!!

I actually want us to win Saturday Tumbleweed, but I wouldn''t be gutted if we lost and Worthy got sacked as the result of it!.

This is the problem us WO have, we know that good  medicine tastes bad sometimes.

Take up aquatics mate, like City, my fish don''t win many games, but they don''t get me stressed either!.

Another finely reasoned piece from squit who should perhaps, after 18 valuable posts, follow his own advice.

I do think a draw is most likely, the dilemma which some fail to understand is how you get a change without defeats (which no one actually desires). Wiz- I hope you manage to get to the game on Sat and I hope you get what you want. Maybe the best shot is for a season of mediocrity (half way there already), avoid the chasm and damnation of relegation, but for Nigel to leave in a dignified way in the summer.

I have great empathy with your views Tumbleweed, and agree. It is not a great state to be in, that''s for sure.  I want us to win, cos the thought of relegation is, well unthinkable, also if we won our next three or four games, Deano might not be sold.....

However, if three defeats were a guarantee that Worthy, plus coaching staff would depart then, okay it would be a great sacrifice, but worth it ultimately.

We are making no progress under the present management, it''s gone stale, he''s not a clue.  Time for someone else to come in and rebuild - the prospect of Worthy selling Deano and visiting another donkey sanctuary for spare parts is not the sort of thing I wish to contemplate.

Don''t settle for bowls, there''s always golf!  [:)]

This is exactly how I would suggest things will play themselves out.

We will continue to win/draw enough to keep us around 15th in the table, be mathematically safe come mid-late April and during the summer a complete re-assessment will take place by the Board and orty (as an individual) and the change will happen in June.

[quote user="a1canary"]Tumble, we''ve had this before, no-one, least of all NW, wanted to play Charlton in midfield. But with no hughes jarrett safri francis who would you have put there?
What we have learnt to our cost this season is that this year at least, a big strong central midfield pairing is vital.
With a settled, full strength team you obviously wouldn''t see charlton in midfield. I''d still like to see if things can be turned around once we have a full strength team that has been playing together for a few games. We haven''t had that once this season and we won''t any time soon as loan deals start expiring and with safri''s imminent departure.

[/quote]

To be honest A1 even if everyone was fit we would have a Andy Hughes Safri Midfield pairing which is still not much good to be honest.

Before the season i said if Andy Hughes And Youseff Safri was gonna be the central midfield for the season we would struggle.  I find it hard to beleive that Worthy thought it would suffice

Ha ha ha just love this bit!

"Think i''m going to have to stick up for squit here, anyone wanting less than a win is bloody stupid!!!  and Beno, your comment on chelsea is the biggest load of rubbish ever, we were never expected to beat chelsea last year, though we could and should beat everyone in this league. "

Especially the could and should bit!

So that''s why we have failed to beat anybody above us in the league this season? We have now got a tough run of games coming up. Soton, Blades, Burnley (Akinbyi hat trick anyone?) Leics and Preston. Possible 15 points, 3 games at home and 2 away. When playing well I would expect at least a draw from the 2 away games and 7 points from the 3 home games, so 9 from 15. At this moment in time I would be ecstatic if we got that, but realistically expect us to get 6 points from 15.

Yes we should and could be beating any team in this league - none has stood out as being half decent and anyone who gets promoted will struggle next year without significant squad changes.  

However there are 15 teams who are doing considerably better than us and that is why worhy should go - he has failed to even look like delivering anything like a decent team despite his exclamations that we were entering a ''no excuse zone'' and that ''no additions to the squad were needed'' pre season.  Numerous excuses and 5 loan players later these sound bites ring hollower day by day.

Sadly unless we reached this fabled corner, that we have allegedly turned 8 times already this season,  I can only see 5 points from the next 5 games as our inconsistency continues.   Ironically, and knowing city, our sole win will be agaist sheff utd!  

OTBC

Not only that Zipper but we supposedly had (a) the best striker (b) the best goalie (c) the best creative midfielder (d) one of Spurs'' future young stars (e) a midfield anchorman with a ferocious shot. In summary, on paper, one of the best squads in the league. How anyone can turn that lot into the carthorses we now appear is astonishing- Worthy has achieved what none of the rest of us could do- turn wine back into water!!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Sadly unless we reached this fabled corner, that we have allegedly turned 8 times already this season,  I can only see 5 points from the next 5 games as our inconsistency continues.   Ironically, and knowing city, our sole win will be agaist sheff utd!  

[/quote]

So true - especially as it''s the only one we won''t be able to go to!!