Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

As the old fuddy duddys are getting a hard time....

Old fuddy duddys getting a hard time? Stop being so entitled; it's not all me, me, me you know. There is more important things to worry about than people being mean to you on the Internet. Bloody snowflakes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My first home game! Peters what a player, Keelan & Peters my childhood heroes for City.

• Like 4

Do they have a Pathe News real of your first Norwich game Nutty? 😊

Brilliant thanks.....

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Brilliant thanks.....

Mine was before Pontius was a pilot.

• Haha 1

Modest Norwich! It’s fantastic, that’s my next 19 minutes sorted thanks Nutty.

Just now, Indy said:

There’s more than 27,000 there......see we need a bigger ground! 😉

The next week it was 13,015 for Blackburn...

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The next week it was 13,015 for Blackburn...

What did they call plastics before plastic was invented?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

My first home game! Peters what a player, Keelan & Peters my childhood heroes for City.

That was a typical Martin Peters goal. I still wonder how on earth we signed him but still well pleased we did

I love the Gentlemanly commentary! How young was Keelan back then? It’s a good watch.

Rickyyyyy...

If we get a few of us together and call ourselves The Riverend Objects we could to be a supporters group and be entitled to priority tickets if we'd had ten games on that old terrace...

Enjoyed that, so your first game was a cup match when the FA cup meant something.....poor mistake by Keelan for the second.

23 minutes ago, Indy said:

Enjoyed that, so your first game was a cup match when the FA cup meant something.....poor mistake by Keelan for the second.

I think many peoples first game was a cup match back then. A lot of people my age started at that game. And I guess a few years before many started at the Leicester game. Before that probably the 59 cup run. Nowadays kids probably start with cup games but for different reasons. I'm sure many first gamers were at the Chelsea game a couple of years ago. And probably even the Portsmouth game last season.

Keelan wasn't all that when he first came into the side. By the late 60s he was awesome and stayed that way right through the 70s. He's definitely the best of all time for me.

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I think many peoples first game was a cup match back then. A lot of people my age started at that game. And I guess a few years before many started at the Leicester game. Before that probably the 59 cup run. Nowadays kids probably start with cup games but for different reasons. I'm sure many first gamers were at the Chelsea game a couple of years ago. And probably even the Portsmouth game last season.

Keelan wasn't all that when he first came into the side. By the late 60s he was awesome and stayed that way right through the 70s. He's definitely the best of all time for me.

He was for me too Nutty, but Chris Woods run him a very close second. I know Woodsie only played about 200 odd games for us, but he was quality.

It just goes to show how much of a prestige competition the FA Cup was with so many people turning up to watch, it’s sad that it’s lost that now money of the premiership has taken over.

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Rickyyyyy...

If we get a few of us together and call ourselves The Riverend Objects we could to be a supporters group and be entitled to priority tickets if we'd had ten games on that old terrace...

The should re-errect the old green gates and have our names on em 👍😁

Should not refer to us as Fuddy Duddy's  made my film debut in the future production of Jingle Jangle and was featured on Celebrity Gogglebox with Little Mix,  Chris Eubank,  Sheila Hancock and James Vardy plus others.

Can't wait to reach 90 for the Sky Dive

2 hours ago, daly said:

Should not refer to us as Fuddy Duddy's  made my film debut in the future production of Jingle Jangle and was featured on Celebrity Gogglebox with Little Mix,  Chris Eubank,  Sheila Hancock and James Vardy plus others.

Can't wait to reach 90 for the Sky Dive

Name dropper😉

Can iI have your autograph?😁

Would have been in my usual seat in the South/Jarrold/Galway Roast/South Stand but as  Little Mix said they couldn't be there  I have taken up the an option to bring  Stanley Johnson Boris's father to wind up Delia in the Directors Box.

I probably will be asked to make an appearance at half time between the Boys Brigade Marching Band and Delia's rant of Lets be aving yer

23 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Here's mine Indy...

http://www.eafa.org.uk/catalogue/923

Tommy Bryceland was my first hero.

This was my first game as well sitting in the Barclay End at the front with my legs through the railings at the front, never be allowed today - the excitement was electric and even though I moved away from the City some 40 years ago they will never take the yellow and green out of me - 'On the Ball City'

Edited by Midlandscanary
  • Like 1

On 23/06/2019 at 22:04, Indy said:

Brilliant thanks.....

I think that in Nutty's time they were still silent movies. !!!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Binner.

🙃

Lot of respect for you why that remark

16 minutes ago, daly said:

Lot of respect for you why that remark

Was hoping the smiley would give away the friendly context. No offence meant.

The respect is mutual buddy.

That was my favourite strip Double N. The green socks made us look a bit continental. I had a green singlet, yellow hipsters and work those old silky scarves around my forehead like a bandana. I don't know why that style faded?😍

I've searched but there isn't even a programme available  for my first match which was 20 August 1960 against Sheffield Untied.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

That was my favourite strip Double N. The green socks made us look a bit continental. I had a green singlet, yellow hipsters and work those old silky scarves around my forehead like a bandana. I don't know why that style faded?😍

I've searched but there isn't even a programme available  for my first match which was 20 August 1960 against Sheffield Untied.

You're just a young whippersnapper