Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

My God - WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

http://soccer-stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

The average attendance league!  I''m probably way behind on this

and someone may have pointed it out already but i''m well surprised.

Thought wolves, leicester, leeds, shef utd, southampton, binners would

all be above us on account of their 30,000 stadiums.

But 98% of capacity is damn impressive too. Only Luton and Brighton are

in the nineties on account of their tiny sub 10,000 seater stadiums.

Ok it''s depressing when looked at alongside our league position but

shows how far we''ve come recently. If only the team performed as well

as the fans...

I hate this sort of site - I could be in it for days.

Interesting that we have only scored first in 7 of the 23 games but have not lost one of them, winning 5. It just shows that we need to score first and have consistently been too slow out of the blocks with only 3 teams worse than us.  No team has conceeded the first goal more time than us. 

A win against soton will also buck the trends- of the games against the top half of the table teams we have only gained 7 out of 30 points while soton have yet to lose to a bottom half side and have only lost 2 of the 11 games played away.

As far as Ippos attendances go their latest crowd was only 21k and widespread apathy is setting in - their average isbound to fall and is confirmed by several tahn fans I know.  They are less happy than city fas at the mo!

OTBC  

Nice to see we excel at something - it''s the only league we have any chance of topping this season. I went to that website with the unfeasibly long address that you kindly mentioned, and spotted the same statistical error that The News of the World keeps repeating. For City''s highest attendance of the season they keep quoting 27,470 or some such, which is clearly nonsense as the ground only holds 26,000 crammed to the rafters. I do like statistics to be accurate, otherwise the whole thing becomes a pointless exercise. Having said all that, if you revise the average attendance downwards - we still top the table with an average attendance of just under 25,000.

There is of course a slightly different perspective; highest crowd, highest expectation, lowest performance to expectation ratio = a hell of a load of gloom and disenchantment.