Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

OT - Murray Comeback

6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I really can't understand people like Andy Murray.

The guy's got millions in the bank, a settled life married with two young kids and he's finally free of pain. He can at last enjoy doing things with the family. Why risk further hip  damage by continuing to play ?

He won't achieve the same level of success again so why not simply retire now and enjoy the fruits of your labour ?

For the same reason ex-pros turn out for local non-league teams after they retire. They just love their sport and can't bear to stop playing.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

"Openly shows disdain" No he doesn't - and hasn't. His britishness isn't in question, all he does is support scotland before england and there is nothing wrong with that.

Hardly. He was actually criticised for saying to the press that he supports anyone who plays against England. 

All the support he gets at wimbledon and he comes out with that. 

Are people still seriously cut up about a Scot making a joke about england in football?

Jesus christ.

Just now, Chelm Canary said:

Hardly. He was actually criticised for saying to the press that he supports anyone who plays against England. 

All the support he gets at wimbledon and he comes out with that. 

I can't believe we're going over this again.

Read the thread. This has been dealt with already and it both baffles and annoys me that some people still use this as a stick to beat Murray with.

Belting mixed doubles with Serena yesterday.  Two powerhouses of tennis. Don't much like Serena, but you had to admire the force that the pair of them showed when playing together.  They look unstoppable.

20 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

For the same reason ex-pros turn out for local non-league teams after they retire. They just love their sport and can't bear to stop playing.

I can see why they do it but I can't understand it.

Still, I suppose most find it easier to arrange hip, knee and shoulder replacements than a boxer who needs a brain transplant would.

46 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I can see why they do it but I can't understand it.

Still, I suppose most find it easier to arrange hip, knee and shoulder replacements than a boxer who needs a brain transplant would.

Our very own Darren Eadie is an example of what can happen when the job you love doing is taken away from you by injury. Murray wants to finish his career on his own terms, good for him.

On 23/06/2019 at 11:37, Redders Right Foot said:

Quick google and answered my own question. Was a bit of both. Hip resurfacing will rasp down the socket, and add a metal cap over the ball. You were spot on with the time frame. And the revision is nasty stuff (we have two happening at my hospital today, granted I don't see the aftermath of post-treatment care.) 

But, given his passion for the sport. Its understandable him wanting to push himself to get maybe 3 or 4 more years playing at the highest level

A hip resurfacing means placing a metal cap over the femoral head (ball part of the joint) and a metal cup in the socket part of the joint. 

Its a procedure that was popular for younger patients needing total hip replacement 10 years ago - but was stopped by most NHS trusts due to many complications.  It remains however, a good option for young active men who would otherwise wear through a total hip replacement quickly (or those who risk dislocating it)

He will eventually (and I mean within 10 years) need it revising to a total hip replacement.

Regarding the above comment about how long total hip replacements last - 20Years + is standard for the average patient. 

9 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I can't believe we're going over this again.

Read the thread. This has been dealt with already and it both baffles and annoys me that some people still use this as a stick to beat Murray with.

I've read the thread again, and I've still decided you're an idiot. 

We good? 

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

Are people still seriously cut up about a Scot making a joke about england in football?

Jesus christ.

I think the answer to that question is yes.

Jesus christ. 

Try and keep up. 

Edited by Chelm Canary
  • Like 1

Like a bunch of lemmings that walk off a cliff in uninson. 

It's cool these days to like someone who hates you. Its so tolerant and that's great.

Sorry. I'm wrong, let's pretend he gives a ****. Amusing. 

Muppet show 

Well, pleased to see excessive alcohol consumption on a Sunday evening is popular round your way.