Indy

Move Ground to move forward.

Those who are using Bristol City's stadium improvements as an example of progression don't live a mile from said stadium like I do.

I can tell you that it's an absolute nightmare. The traffic chaos is a serious issue and the public transport connections for Ashton Gate are woeful... in fact... the stadium is about 2.5 miles away from the train station. It's squashed in between flats and a retail park and all they've done is given the front a facelift with some new fancy looking retail units and some new paint.

All in all, it's logistically horrific with zero room for expansion. They only did this because they kept failing to gain a permit to move to a new plot. Please don't let that happen to Norwich... Carrow Road is in a fantastic location and there's big potential.

• Like 1

Surely expansion of the stadium would also bring with it greater opportunities for other revenue streams as a "leading live performance venue" in an area of the country where leading live performance venues are rare.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Surely expansion of the stadium would also bring with it greater opportunities for other revenue streams as a "leading live performance venue" in an area of the country where leading live performance venues are rare.

I remember going to PR to see Bryan Adams 25 years ago, it's not so flash there now. 

If England are going to host a World Cup anytime soon we need to be the 'go to' Stadium in the East of England. 

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 20:43, Michael Starr said:

Those who are using Bristol City's stadium improvements as an example of progression don't live a mile from said stadium like I do.

I can tell you that it's an absolute nightmare. The traffic chaos is a serious issue and the public transport connections for Ashton Gate are woeful... in fact... the stadium is about 2.5 miles away from the train station. It's squashed in between flats and a retail park and all they've done is given the front a facelift with some new fancy looking retail units and some new paint.

All in all, it's logistically horrific with zero room for expansion. They only did this because they kept failing to gain a permit to move to a new plot. Please don't let that happen to Norwich... Carrow Road is in a fantastic location and there's big potential.

Bristol City's Ashton Gate stadium is a prime example of why Norwich City should never leave its close to train station and within walking distance location from City Centre Carrow Road home!

Ashton Gate gets clogged up with traffic and the shuttle bus to the train station takes the best part of an hour after the game on a Saturday! - Those who think an out of City retail Park ground on the A47 would be easier to get to and leave are literally miles of the mark! - And that's before getting into the soul destroying nature of leaving the traditional spiritual heartland of Carrow Road for a retail Park lego  land!

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 04:36, Mr.Carrow said:

Very roughly clubs have three levels of support- one when they are rubbish, one when things are looking hopeful and one when everything comes together and they are successful. For many clubs crowds can almost double between the first and last phases (look at Leeds and Sheff.Utd in the last few years). The ones who turn up during the terrible times are the clubs bedrock hardcore- and every single one of ours deserve a medal because they are an enormous part of why we are in such a healthy position. But that does not negate the fact that there are many who, for many different reasons, cannot/don't want to attend regularly. I'm sure Leeds fans aren't moaning about gloryhunters when they are boasting about having the biggest gates in the league.

Apparently to some we are the only club in world football for whom our support when at the lower end of the Championship and even in League One is virtually the same as when we're playing Man United or Liverpool. There is no logic to that viewpoint.

It may interest some that both in our relegation season and promotion back to the Championship, we averaged several thousand more than Leicester, Wolves, Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday and United did when they were promoted from league one. We were virtually on a par with Leeds. If we hadn't had such a restricted capacity I'd wager we'd have been similar to the 28,000 Manchester City achieved in the same position. But there's no evidence of the need for extra seats at all...🙄

Exactly what I've been saying!

Our ATT figures since the completion of the new South Stand in 2004 indicate that the club would more than likely be able to attract bigger crowds if Carrrow Road was increased to 30-35,000! 

Clubs who get smaller crowds in lower Divisions than us like Cardiff, Southampton, Leicester are examples of when the grounds big enough more people will come and watch Premiership football!

I reckon if Carrow Road now held 32,000 we'd be getting that most games in the forthcoming Premiership campaign!